CHCFC301A - Dealing with Inappropriate Behavior

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rupalakshmi

CHCFC301A - Dealing with Inappropriate Behavior

Post by Rupalakshmi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:38 am

Assignment: CHCFC301A Supporting the development of children

Hi pls anyone help me to answer this question

Q: why is it important that you respond to children's fellings openly and with respect, even if they are displaying inappropriate behaviou.

what type of answer they expect from us. can we say, " its our duty to protect children from any type of concerns. if we know whats the problem then only we can do any thing for that child. i think its not correct. anyone pls help me.

Lorina

Re: CHCFC301A Supporting the development of children - dealing with inappropriate behavior

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Rupa,

With this question I think you need to be thinking more on practical terms... I mean when working in Childcare you will notice that many children probably misbehave but this is quite normal especially considering the childs age and development. For e.g. I work with toddlers and at this stage most of them are beginning to express themselves, become independent and basically learning about the world around them... Yes at times each of them misbehave but it's not really fair to them to get so angry at them because they are only learning. So, by being open and explaining to children about their inappropriate behavior will enable them to understand what they have done. Also, you need to develop their skills in order for them to deal with situations which may lead to the misbehavior.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Rupalakshmi

Re: CHCFC301A - Dealing with Inappropriate Behavior

Post by Rupalakshmi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi L.A
Thanks for your support.
Its help me a lot.
Thank you