CHCECE002 - Communicating While Supervising Children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

CHCECE002 - Communicating While Supervising Children

Post by MJ1991 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi all,

Having a bit of trouble with a question in the "Ensure the Health and Safety of Children" unit

Question: What types of things should educators communicate with each other whilst supervising a group of children during outdoor play?

I understand that communication amongst educators is important to minimise hazards and safety risks but I can't really think of 'types of things' educators should or would communicate with each other whilst supervising a group of children during outdoor play.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Melanie
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE002 - Communicating While Supervising Children

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:06 am

From the top of my head:

- When a child is going inside to get something
- When a child is going to the toilet
- When a child falls or hurts themselves
- When an educator needs to go inside
- When an educator needs to go to the toilet
- When an educator is talking to a parent
- When an educator is on the phone

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Post by MJ1991 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for your reply, the information helped a lot. It's weird that I communicate almost all of those things on a daily basis and yet I can't think of them when I need it for my assignment :think: :?

I have posted my answer below

Question: What types of things should educators communicate with each other whilst supervising a group of children during outdoor play?

Communication amongst educators is important to minimise hazards and safety risks, the points below are examples of the types of things educators should communicate with each other whilst supervising a group of children during outdoor play: -
• If a child is going inside to get something i.e. a jacket
• When a child is going to the toilet
• If a child wets or soils themselves, educator would need to take the child inside to change them
• When a child falls or hurts themselves
• When an educator needs to go inside for any reason e.g. to go to the toilet, to get a jacket or to get first aid and an accident from for a child who has hurt themselves.
• When an educator is talking to a parent
• When an educator needs to take a phone call i.e. from a parent

Thank you,
Melanie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:28 am

Hi Melanie,

You're response is good! :thumbup:

I know what you mean, assignments can usually make you over think a question making you doubt the information you already know! No problem that's why it's always good to check from a third person (me :lol:)

:geek:,
Lorina