CHCDIV001 Community attitudes and structures of culture, language and workplace policies

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJBrook

CHCDIV001 Community attitudes and structures of culture, language and workplace policies

Post by MJBrook » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:15 am

Hi there,
I am just wondering if anyone can add some input whether I am on the right track with my answer and anything else I could include in it.
The question is :
Community attitudes and structures of culture, language and workplace policies influence people and groups and will all have an impact on community services work. Briefly explain the impact of each of these things.
So far I have:
There are various influences on people and groups that will have an impact on community services work. These influences may include – Community attitudes and structure of culture, language and workplace policies. These influences may impact the way a person conducts their work, how challenges, problems and conflicts are solved, how relationships are created, or what language or behaviour a person uses. Community attitudes and structure of culture will influence a person’s views, beliefs, values and fears which can call have an impact on community services work and the way they respond.
Structures of culture – a persons background, their culture, ethnicity or religion will influence what a person believes in, their behavior, values and attitudes.
Language – the phrases, words and gestures used can impact the way people view things. Being socially aware, using appropriate terminology and avoiding stereotyping will create cross cultural relationships.
Workplace policies can influence the way someone conducts themselves in the workplace, how the organisation aims to reach the vision and mission, valuing diversity and how to work with culturally diverse staff, clients and the clients families.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DDao

Re: CHCDIV001 Community attitudes and structures of culture, language and workplace policies

Post by DDao » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi MJBrook,

I am stuck at the same question too. How did you go with yours? Wondering if you could give me some tips on answering this question. Thank you.

jodie0808

Re: CHCDIV001 Community attitudes and structures of culture, language and workplace policies

Post by jodie0808 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 pm

HI,

I'm new to all this forum stuff. I'm currently completing my Cert 3 and i'm on assessment task 13.

My question to complete is the following;
13.1 - Identify two cultural factors of Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander people that should b acknowledged by recognised by an early childhood service.

Can someone please help i have been on this booklet for a few weeks now and its doing my head in.

cheers
Jodie