CHCCS400A Work within a relevant Legal and Ethical framework

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
annejo
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCS400A Work within a relevant Legal and Ethical framework

Post by annejo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:21 am

Thank you for your input. I am a bit slow with this assignment. I am trying to find direction on how to answer these questions.
I have just looked at the regulations for question 2 scenario 2. Is this what they are looking for Part 7 Administration requirements Division 1 Information 88 Notice of Complaint
If a parent of a child provided with any class of children's service makes a compliant to the licensee about the conduct of the service, the licensee must, unless the compliant is of obviously trivial nature:
a)give written notice of the complaint to the Director- Generally within one week after the compliant is made and
b)give written notice to the Director - Generally of any action taken in response to the compliant as soon as reasonably practicable aafter action is taken.
Is this right information they are requiring for this question.

Can u give me some direction for question 6 What documentation would you keep and who could you notifiy?
You would keep a copy of all documentation relating to the formally made compliant is right the second half of the question i am lost in answering this

Q1 of this senario what would you say and do? Should I also include To make arrangements that is suitable for all parties to discuss this matter at an more convenient and appropriate time so the can be throughly dealt with in a professional way and have a mediator person as well as the staff member that the compliant has been made against.
Would be grateful for your thoughts on this. Kind regards annejo

Feedback would be most grateful

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you for your input. I have some more info for scenario 2. Would love to have your feedback on it. Kind regards anniejo

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi Annejo,

Still studying hard I see... :thumbup:

If a parent of a child provided with any class of children's service makes a compliant to the licensee about the conduct of the service, the licensee must, unless the compliant is of obviously trivial nature:

You're on the right track... I am just also adding the centre procedure for dealing with complaints. This information may also add to your answer:

The procedure for families to find resolution of any concern is as follows-

In the first instance all concerns should be addressed to the centre Director or Coordinator, who will also inform the Manager of Children’s Services. The service Director/Coordinator will attempt to resolve the issue with the parent/carer.

If a parent/carer feels that their concerns have not been reasonably addressed or that an unsatisfactory situation persists, they will be referred to the Manager of Children’s Services.

If the matter is still not resolved to the parent’s satisfaction they will be referred to the General Manager, as licensee of the service, or his delegate the Director of Corporate Services.

An accurate record will be kept of all interviews conducted for complaints. A copy of the record will be given to the parent. All parties are required to respect the confidentiality of the issues raised and maintain a respectful relationship.

Any complaint that is made in writing must also receive a written response. This response must be drafted by the Centre Director in consultation with the Manager Children’s Services.

Parents/carers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds have the right to discuss their complaint with the use of the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS); in the presence of an interpreter; or with the use of Council’s language aides
where necessary.

All complaints concerning licensing and child protection matters will be investigated in accordance with the relevant legislation.

Parents/carers can also contact the Children’s Services Advisor at the local Department of Community Services (DoCS) office for licensing issues and the DoCS Help line for child protection issues.

Parents/carers must be advised at enrolment that any complaint involving child abuse (verbal, physical, sexual or psychological) or suspected abuse must be considered very serious. Staff are legally obliged to report any such allegation to DoCS, and further investigation may be required (see Child Protection policy).

If the allegation is against a staff member this will be thoroughly investigated and appropriately reported according to legislation and Council policy.

What documentation would you keep and who could you notify?

Have a read through the above procedure and I think it pretty much mentions the documentation you need to keep and who to notify.

The answers you have provided are good and do answer the questions that are asked. I added the centre procedure just to give you a little more information you could include in your response. Overall a job well done!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:45 am

thank you so much for that extra information. Now I have a better understanding of what is required. Most grateful for the help. Kind regards annejo

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:07 pm

annejo wrote:I have scenerio a parent is a home based carer and has 3 children in her care. One of the children is 3 years old and often comes to her unwashed, has a runny nose and hair uncombed and dirty clothes. The child is quiet and withdrawn and often cries until his mum picks him up. the carer finds the childs behaviour very irritating and his personal hygiene difficult to cope with. She often ignores him or tell him crossly to go away. Stop being a sook or leave me alone. I'm busy with the others.

Q1 How is the carer's behaviour unethical? Give examples from the code of ethics.

Q2 How are the childs rights being denied? Give examples from the Un Rights of Child

Q3 How has the carer's own personal views, beliefs, attitudes and culture influenced her behaviours towards this child?

Can anybody help with the above questions. Iam running out of time and I would be most grateful for any input

annejo
Participator
Participator

Post by annejo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

annejo wrote:I am really stuck with this scenario 2

A parent of a child in the 3-5 yr old room (18206/18208 students) or in an area of the OSHC service (41208 students) comes to make a complaint about one of the other staff members who works in the same room as you. The parent says the staff member ignores her child and often yells loudly at her child. Once as she was leaving the centre she thought she heard a loud slap and a child crying.

Q1 What would you say to the parent and what would you then do?

Q2 List the relevant sections of the 2004 NSW Regulations that you would refer to in this matter?

Q3Which policies may assist you in dealing with the complaint?

Q4 How would you support the mother in the process of making a complaint?

Can anybody give some help with q2 and q5 would be most grateful

Q5 How is this staff member breaching the code of Ethics?

Q6 What documentation would you keep and who could you notify?

I am so over whelmed with this I would be most and sincerely grateful for help with these questions?