For Educators and Providers of OSHC Services, the Department of Education has partnered with the Early Childhood Australia to develop free online professional learning customised to meet the needs of NSW OSHC services.
The program includes a series of interactive learning modules, recorded webinars and video presentations addressing targeted support areas from across the National Quality Framework (NQF).
The free online professional topics include:
Quality Area 1
- Program planning in OSHC
- My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia
Quality Area 2
- Active supervision of children
Quality Area 3
- OSHC environments
- Supporting children to become environmentally responsible
Quality Area 4
- Being an OSHC professional
Quality Area 5
- Self-regulation with children 5–12 years
- Supporting children to develop conflict resolution skills
Quality Area 6
- Engaging and building relationships with the local community
Quality Area 7
- Developing and maintaining Quality Improvement Plans for OSHC
The online professional learning is delivered via a dedicated microsite, housed within the Early Childhood Australia website and learning material will continue to be progressively updated between November 2018 and March 2019.
To sign up for online learning, or find out more information, go to: NSW OSHC
Online learning available for OSHC Providers, NSW Department Of Education, 6 November 2018