still get casual float educator

Questions on working as a casual. Such as job responsibilities, what to do, finding casual work etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ami1983
Helper
Helper

still get casual float educator

Post by ami1983 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi :wave:
lorina
I am working as casual educator although I have done diploma in childcare. in my current job, I need to do the cleaning, laundry and dishes with nothing much with children.I am randomly looking for jobs send my resume but nobody call me. please guide me :( ;)

Lorina

Re: still get casual float educator

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Since you are casual you get the jobs that the centre needs you to do... even if you are not necessary with the children, you are only a casual... it's the reality, unfortunately.

In regards to getting a job you just have to keep trying. When sending resumes you need to follow up with the centre to make sure that they have received it etc. You should also ring centres and introduce yourself to the director and let them know your interested in any jobs available etc.

Keep trying!

:geek:,
Lorina

ami1983
Helper
Helper

Post by ami1983 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks lorina :inlove:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:39 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina

MarlyW

Post by MarlyW » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Lorina wrote:Since you are casual you get the jobs that the centre needs you to do... even if you are not necessary with the children, you are only a casual... it's the reality, unfortunately.

In regards to getting a job you just have to keep trying. When sending resumes you need to follow up with the centre to make sure that they have received it etc. You should also ring centres and introduce yourself to the director and let them know your interested in any jobs available etc.

Keep trying!

Lorina
I personally feel that casuals should not have to do all those jobs, just because they are casual. We have casual staff who spend as much time as the rest of us with the children on the days they are here and it is actually everyone's responsibility to do all the cleaning and laundry etc.

But, every centre is different in how they do this.

:)

I agree with Lorina though, Ami, keep applying, because I'm sure you will find somewhere :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 pm

I agree that no casual should be given crappy jobs but at some centres, it's easier for educators to give casuals the crappy jobs so the permanent educators can focus on the children without having to direct the casuals etc. It's completely unfair but as a casual, that's just how it is...

Lorina

Iris2
Participator
Participator

Post by Iris2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi, the permanent educators often need to do programming, documentation and reflection as well as implement their programmed activities and interact with parents when a lot of the cleaning takes place. These all require a high level of involvement with children. That's why certain educators are left with certain jobs more often I think. In any case, I find work is highly available to people with a diploma and experience. You may not get 100% the job you want but you need to be open-minded with the jobs you apply for or I also find going internally within your company for other opportunities can be the best method.