Workplacement

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Javy

Workplacement

Post by Javy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:41 pm

Hello lorine, I'm new here and need I need advice. I'm doing diploma in childcare and currently I'm finishing my workplacement.
There is a teacher in kinder room and she was rude with me and giving priority to another student who is doing masters in education. She didn't let me do my workplace assignment, and compared my education to the other student. I was doing my best, she ignored my existence in the room, she didn't even eye contacted with me,

and she came to me and said you are not interacting with children if you do this I will report to the centre's director and your school and to your teacher. Which she already did, not to my school but to the director.

I spent 3,3 weeks in babies room and toddler room. I've made a very good relationship with children and the educators and they don't have any complaint regarding my work. They really liked my work and babies room leader said to me that I want you in my room as you are very good, you know the routine and everything. But that kinder teacher she just ruined everything.

Now the point is what should I do, as she behaved like this, I didn't feel comfortable talking to her. This incident gave me a severe headache. Should I talk to the centre director.. please help me in this I've been thinking about this matter alot.

Lorina

Re: Workplacement

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:09 pm

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the kindy teacher. Don't worry too much about it - working in these centres some educators you will get along with, others you will not connect with as well. When that happens don't take it personally - just continue doing your work, if the Kindy Teacher complains to you don't get affected by it too much. Just listen and say "OK I will - thanks for letting me know". It sounds like you fit into the babies and toddlers room just right! You are obviously doing a great job from the feedback you received from the other Educators so don't worry about the negative!

You're doing a great job!

:geek:,
Lorina

Javy

Post by Javy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:07 pm

Thank you lorina for such a supportive reply. 🙂

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:14 pm

You deserve it! :) :)

:geek:,
Lorina

Pavani

Post by Pavani » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:06 pm

Hi
Its really sorry to hear that your position in that room. Lets take it easy and do your work properly.Some educators may works some times due to their work or work culture. Dont worry, just take your work priority and learn new things in this as you are new in this career.

Then you get good output at some time. I wish you all the best.You will see more better opportuinties in this career in future.

Thank you.