Vocational Placement...EEK!!

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Vocational Placement...EEK!!

Post by Steffelz » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Hey guys, I have a little bit of a situation...
I need to start my vocational placement, and the closest Center that is linked to my College only takes kids from 2 years and up. I need at least 40 Hours with the age group 0-15months. they say the emphasis for students doing the placement at one of the centers that are linked to the College, is convenience and quality of vocational placement.
I have the option of going out and finding a Center on my own, but I dont know if thats the best plan. Does anyone know of any centers that are particularly good with doing placements (like good enviroment, friendly staff, good mentoring etc.) on the Gold Coast that takes younger babies as well. Should I do my placement with the place thats linked to my College and then find another place for the rest???
Im stuck...

Lorina

Re: Vocational Placement...EEK!!

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:51 am

Hi Steffelz,

Doing your work placement through your College is always better because like you said "quality of vocational placement". I think you should do your placement in the centre linked to your College and then find another centre that also has children below 2 years old. The reason why is because if a centre is linked with your college well then it should be of high quality standard and better suited for students, so it's always good to do some experience with them... I'm sorry I'm from Sydney so unfortunately I can't recommend any centers for you in the Gold Coast. Just ring around some childcare centers within your area and ask them if they take work placement.

Good Luck!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Steffelz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am

L.A, Thanks so much, I found a new one of my colleges kindys, that recently opened, AND does newborns, Faxed my bluecard form through yesterday :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Hey Steffelz,

Great to hear that it all worked out in the end!!

Enjoy your work placement and let me know how it goes... :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A