Need Advice for Placement (Mom of 2 babies)

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kally

Need Advice for Placement (Mom of 2 babies)

Post by kally » Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi

I'm a mom of 2 kids 4 months and 20 months. Currently studying certificate 3 online. I need advice for my situation of work placement.

- Will I be able to take my 2 babies to the same work placement? My husband could not help much ( He is a chef leave home early and come back late) :sweating: :sweating:
- Is it hard to find the center that I will be able to put my babies there as well?

Thank you in advance.

Lorina

Re: Need Advice for Placement (Mom of 2 babies)

Post by Lorina » Sat May 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi,

Yes, it is possible but only if the centre does have a spot for them in the room on the days that you require. If the centre you are doing work placement in, has no spots left for your children then, unfortunately, you will not be able to have your children with you.

I would recommend ringing around services and asking if they take on work placement students such as yourself and if they have any spots available for your children. It may take a while for you to find a centre to meet your requirements so I would start inquiring as soon as possible.

:geek:,
Lorina