CHCECE017

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
dhors

CHCECE017

Post by dhors » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi
Can someone please help me out ?
Im doing CHCECE017 but don't have the required textbook as of yet. These are my answers so far am I on the right track
Question 1.Define each area of motor development ?
I )quantitative change
ii)cephalocaudal development
iii) proximodistal development
iv) gross motor development - Gross motor (physical) skills are those which require whole body movement and which involve the large (core stabilising) muscles of the body to perform everyday functions, such as standing and walking, running and jumping, and sitting upright at the table. They also includes eye-hand coordination skills such as ball skills (throwing, catching, kicking) as well as riding a bike or a scooter and swimming
v) fine motor development - Fine motor development skills are the ability to make movements using the small muscles in our hands and wrists.
Fine motor skills involve the use of the smaller muscle of the hands, commonly in activities like using pencils, scissors, construction with lego or duplo, doing up buttons and opening lunch boxes.Fine motor skill is the coordination of small muscles, in movements—usually involving the synchronisation of hands and fingers with the eyes.
vi)preceptual motor development -perceptual motor development connects a children's perceptual or sensory skills to their motor skills so they can perform a variety of movements and confidently interact with their environment
.vii)qualitative change- Qualitative change is when individuals progress in developmental stages results in them becoming different than how they were earlier or “continuous gradual accumulation of small change

Tash1978
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Re: CHCECE017

Post by Tash1978 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:01 pm

I am about to complete my diploma here that is one of the subjects we just studied recently not sure what book you are required to use but the book I am using is
• Kearns, K. (2017). Frameworks for Learning and Development: Working in Early Childhood Education and Care Series (4th ed.). Victoria: Cengage Learning Australia.
Chapter 3 Pages 116-117

Cephalocaudal development refers to the direction of the body physical growth, reflected in the order in which part of the body become larger and in which functions and structures become more complex. Cephalocaudaul development progresses from head to foot. A baby gains control of their head movement, then their neck, shoulders, back, hips, legs and feet. This development prepares the body for the major physical milestone of walking.

Proximodistal development progression of physical and motor development from the centre of the body towards the extremities, involving the central nervous system. baby learn to control the muscles of their chest and shoulders before they can control their arms and hands, or fingers.

Page 117 for two above answers straight from the book

Gross motor development of coordination of large muscles such as arms and legs back and chest, abdomen. ( I believe you have covered gross motor development very well in your answer)

Fine motor development coordination of small muscles such as fingers and hands, toes and eyes, face. ( once again I believe you have covered this area of development very well in your
answer)

Perceptual motor development is the ability to receive interpret and respond successfully to sensory information this is critical to cognitive development.

The quantitative change increased strength and control in the legs and upper body (quantitive change) allows a child to pull up to an upright standing position, ready for the important task of walking.

Qualitative changes walking improves from unsteady first steps to confident, independent movement.

above answers from page 116

I hope this is helpful for you wish I could have posted an answer earlier on but I wasn't a member then. I wish you all the best with your studies.