pay rate- classification

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ezimma

pay rate- classification

Post by ezimma » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Hello

I have recently been appointed as the Vacation Care Coordinator which runs part of a health and fitness centre. I am diploma qualified and have 5 hours a week admin hours.

I am currently getting paid a different pay rate for my admin hours versus my shifts on the floor during school holidays. My question is should I be?? What should my pay rate/classification be and does it change if I am working admin or supervising children?

Many thanks

Emma

Lorina

Re: pay rate- classification

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:14 am

As a Vacation Care Co-ordinator you should be paid at Level 5.

As a Level 5 - your duties include:

OOSH Co-ordinator

A Diploma Qualified Coordinator who co - ordinates and manages a standalone out - of - school hours care and/or vacation care centre may undertake the following:

Develop and/or oversee programs and ensure they offer a balance of flexibility, variety, safety and fun;
Supervise the programs/activities and ensure each staff member is fulfilling their relevant duties and responsibilities;
Carry out administrative tasks including fee collection and receipting, banking, staff pay, etc;
Administer first aid when appropriate and ensure that injured children receive appropriate medical attention;
Work positively with parents and/or committees; and
Understand and work in accordance with the centre or service's policies.

At Level 5- your pay rate starts at $28.45 per hour.

Ref: Childcare Wages In Australia

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

ezimma

Post by ezimma » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:05 pm

Thank you Lorina. Have you heard of anyone in my situation getting paid two different rates? One for admin and one for being a qualified educator?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:42 am

No, I haven't heard of this before... but then again it depends on the individual service and the situation.

Is your combined rate the same it would be as an OOSH Co-ordinator?

What do you get paid as a qualified educator?

Have you sked why you are receiving 2 different rates rather than as an OOSH Co-ordinator?

:geek:,
Lorina