CHCDIV001- WORK WITH DIVERSE PEOPLE - Certificate 3 education support

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kyssbn

CHCDIV001- WORK WITH DIVERSE PEOPLE - Certificate 3 education support

Post by kyssbn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Hey everyone,

I need some help with this unit, here are the questions I'm stuck on. I have an Intellectual disabillity so I just need a little help with these questions so I can get started. None of these are in the learning material I have :(

Question 3
Community attitudes and structures of culture, language and workplace policies influence people and groups and will all have an impact on community services work. Briefly explain the impact of each of these things. If necessary conduct independent research, remembering to reference all resources appropriately.

Question 4
Explain how diverse political, social, economic and cultural factors impact on work in an educational support context and the lives of people in society.

Question 5
Conduct independent research to determine what legal and ethical factors need to be considered when working with diversity. Consider organisations, individual workers, breaches of international, national, state/ territory or local legal and ethical considerations and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Provide dot points of key factors.

Question 8
Community service organisations must provide employment opportunities and services for the potential needs of marginalised groups. List at least six groups that could come under the heading of marginalised groups, and identify what resource could be used to help support these groups.

Question 9
Make a list of at least 10 resources that could help service organisations embrace and respond to diversity.

Question 10
Australian society is made up of diverse communities and/or social groups. Explain briefly how these diverse groups influenced and changed Australian society.

Question 11
Diversity practices and experiences will impact on personal behaviour, interpersonal relationships, perceptions and the social expectations of others. Explain what this means with regard to the workplace.

Question 12
Arrange for and organise activities that will help colleagues build relationships with others, based on appreciation of diversity and inclusiveness.

These could include topics such as

relationship between human needs and human rights
frameworks, approaches and instruments used in the workplace to imporve cultural awareness
share the concepts of the Universal declaration of human rights
rights and responsibilities of workers, employers and clients, including appropriate action when rights are being infringed or responsibilities not being carried out
You might, for example:

organise collective meals where workers can learn about one another’s cultures by sharing food
celebrate special cultural days and events
deliver cross-cultural training for all workers
Provide (facilitate) professional and peer supervision for workers, with a view to increasing cultural competence and understanding of cultural safety in the workplace

The assessor can observe the cross-cultural training sessions, and, with permission from the involved parties, can observe supervision. They might ask your work colleagues to describe other work activities that you have arranged and that support inclusivity.

Those parts of the task that cannot be directly observed might be assessed using role plays and simulations. Third party evidence can support the assessment

Documented evidence of the activity is to be provided.

Thank you if you can help me, I can't wait to be in the classroom helping students as I know what it feels like and it has been a dream of mine for so long but I kept putting it off as I didn't think I could do it. I only have 4 units to go and also the first aid course yay :)

kyssbn

Re: CHCDIV001- WORK WITH DIVERSE PEOPLE - Certificate 3 education support

Post by kyssbn » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Thank you for that.

Im still having trouble getting started with these 2 questions, can you please help me?

Question 5
Conduct independent research to determine what legal and ethical factors need to be considered when working with diversity. Consider organisations, individual workers, breaches of international, national, state/ territory or local legal and ethical considerations and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Provide dot points of key factors.

Question 11
Diversity practices and experiences will impact on personal behaviour, interpersonal relationships, perceptions and the social expectations of others. Explain what this means with regard to the workplace.

I just cant get started :(