Am I Being Underpaid?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
JessC97

Am I Being Underpaid?

Post by JessC97 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi all,

I have completed my cert 3 back in 2014 and I am currently studying towards my diploma. I have been running the pre-kindy room for almost a year now but I found it strange how my pay didn't increase at all taking on more responsibility. I am getting paid $27.55 at level 3.1, is this correct? I don't really understand the levels and what's correct/no correct. Thanks in advance

Lorina

Re: Am I Being Underpaid?

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:48 pm

First off, no you should not be on Level 3.1 - this is for a Cet 3 Educator who has just only completed their qualification. You should be paid a minimum of Level 3.3, however since you are now running the Preschool Room, you should be paid at Level 4A.1 - this is for a Room Leader has not yet completed their Diploma qualification.

For more info: Childcare Wages

:geek:,
Lorina

JessC97

Post by JessC97 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:24 am

Oh my word, okay thank you very much! Some of the other girls here have come to realise their getting paid wrong too, we aren’t happy at all as we’ve all been working for the company for years!

JessC97

Post by JessC97 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi Lorina,
Just looking at the children’s service award again and noticed there is a level 3.4 that says diploma. Would this be a cert 3 working towards diploma? Should I be getting paid as a 3.4 ? Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Level 3.4 is for a Diploma qualified Educator who is an assistant within the room. Since you are yet to complete your Diploma qualification you will still be on Level 3.3.

However working in a Diploma position (room leader) as a Cert 3 Educator requires you to go up to Level 4A.

Once you complete your Diploma when working as an assistant you will be on Level 3.4 and working as a room leader you will be starting in Level 4.1.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina