WHS Training strategies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
courtz.cole

WHS Training strategies

Post by courtz.cole » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi all,
I'm a bit stuck on the following:

Assisting staff to follow WHS policies and procedures can be facilitated through in-house training. List three training strategies the PCBU could provide and give an example for each strategy.

So I was thinking:
Manual Handling- during a team meeting demonstrate a two person lift and have staff sign off on meeting minutes.
Nappy Change- make a game out of the changing a doll's nappy using PPE and correct procedure
Working at a height- How to correctly use a step ladder to do displays, use high powerpoints etc.

It sources page 100 of 'The business of Childcare' but I couldn't find any relevant information in the 10 pages either side... Admittedly I have been staring blankly at the same question for one hour- PLEASE HELP!!!!

DaisyC

Re: WHS Training strategies

Post by DaisyC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Modelling and demonstrating - Using personal protective equipment (PPE)

Monitoring and provide feedback - management by walking around’, observing and providing ‘on-the-spot’ feedback, reinforce appropriate behaviours and noting areas where improvement is required.

Working alongside - It is very effective for teaching new skills such as how to manage and emergency lockdown.

DaisyC

Re: WHS Training strategies

Post by DaisyC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Modelling and demonstrating - Using personal protective equipment (PPE)

Monitoring and provide feedback - management by walking around’, observing and providing ‘on-the-spot’ feedback, reinforce appropriate behaviours and noting areas where improvement is required.

Working alongside - It is very effective for teaching new skills such as how to manage and emergency lockdown.