Work help

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Ashtree22

Work help

Post by Ashtree22 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi there,

For a while now I have been unhappy in my job at a centre as there have been numerous issues (some potentially illegal that I don't wish to disclose). I feel that I try my hardest and I genuinely love the children and I feel that the children really enjoy me being there. Every week I feel less and less enthused as I find the staff very hard to work with. I have thought about switching centres, however, I want to make sure that I put a year in with this centre as I am pregnant, and won't be returning to work for a while. I haven't been in a position like this before, and this is my first role in a childcare centre. Can anyone tell me if this is something you have been through before, or if you have any recommendations for me? My spirit feels like it is being crushed with every bad thing that happens at work.

Ashtree22

Re: Work help

Post by Ashtree22 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Sorry- wish to clarify that I will be entitled to maternity leave if I stay on.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:05 am

How far along are you may I ask?

What room are you working in?

:geek:,
Lorina

Ashtree22

Post by Ashtree22 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:56 am

I am only 3 months! And i was doing program relief and lunch relief so just floating :). I have been working at the centre for 8 months

Ashtree22

Post by Ashtree22 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Lorina just updating you, I have decided to look for other work. I am not confident about my chances due to the pregnancy, however I will still give it a go :mrgreen:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:28 am

Ashtree22 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:46 pm
Lorina just updating you, I have decided to look for other work. I am not confident about my chances due to the pregnancy, however I will still give it a go :mrgreen:

Due to the current pandemic I dont think it will be a good idea for you to work at this stage... it's crazy at the moment and I wouldn't want to risk your health at this stage especially since you're pregnant. Just really have a good think about it...

Lorina

Ashtree22

Post by Ashtree22 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi lorina,

After having a bit of a think I am deciding that I may just stop working.

I intend on taking quite a bit of time off to care for my children once baby is born. I am worried that when I choose to return to work that my lack of experience and such a long time off will make it difficult for me to find work. 😣😣

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:24 pm

I think you've made the right decision in regards to the pandemic. Honestly it's just not safe anywhere anymore and you need to be extremely cautious since you're pregnant.

As for your lack of experience, don't worry too much about it. When you are ready you could even start causal work to build up experience before getting full time work.

Don't rush to go back to work after the baby is born enjoy the moments! Work will
Always be there but these first few years of a child's life are the best!

I have an 11 month old and omg enjoying every second of him!! Wouldn't trade it for the world! Lol!!

Let me know if you have any questions and I wish you health, happiness for you and you bub!

Lorina

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Hi lorina,

I have question about my assignment. Is it important to submit. I m doing my work but i m worried about my result and certificate 3. What can i do ?

Lorina

Re:

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Hansa wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 pm
Hi lorina,

I have question about my assignment. Is it important to submit. I m doing my work but i m worried about my result and certificate 3. What can i do ?
Yes! You need to submit your work in order for your teacher to mark it to see if you're understanding the questions, the context, regulations etc.

If you are not showing your understanding or provide the wrong information your teacher will give you a chance to redo your assignment so don't worry.

You will fail if you don't hand in your assignments.

Lorina

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Thank u Lorina

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:44 am

Hi Lorina

I need help in my professional practise plan which is time table. I need help in that one i am confused how can i write that one?
Could u please help
Thanks
Hansa

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:47 am

Hi Lorina,

I have question about Kim , harley and the kids i want to write my thoughts, values and beliefs i am confused what can i write that one is resubmit.
Could u please help me
Thanks
Hansa

Aaraadhaa

Changing career

Post by Aaraadhaa » Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 am

Good morning Lorina

I have completed diploma in early childhood education and am working in this industry nearly 2 years . Now I wish to work as a teacher aide. Still I need to complete cert 3 in education support or can I able to work with my current qualification ? Please advise

Thank you