Taking things too far? - Banned from blowing out candles?

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Taking things too far? - Banned from blowing out candles?

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 am

What do you think about kids being banned from blowing out candles at childcare so stop spread of germs?

Personally I think it is ridiculous. If they are going that far then ban parents from bringing kids to childcare who have colds and sneeze and cough because that spreads more germs than the occasional birthday and blowing out candles.
Who thinks of these things? :wtf: Seems they just make up things for the sake of it.
Ridiculous I say....wonder what they will come up with next!
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Diana

Re: Taking things too far?

Post by Diana » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 am

I think that is absolutely insane saying that blowing out candles spreads germs, what next no toys for fear of spreading germs, handling pencils crayons etc. The world has gone mad, children's immune systems will become weak if they are not exposed to some germs. Maybe there should isolation chambers for any child that shows any symptoms of viruses! I think the joys of blowing out candles outweighs any so called risks. Let children enjoy their childhood and I'd like to know how they come up with these therories. :roll:
Diana

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 pm

I agree ! This is ludicrous! I have even worked in a centre where we weren't allowed to use candles at all- OHS risk or some such thing! These ' academics' must just sit around tables all day thinking up restrictions without thinking of reality. :? They are losing touch rapidly :|

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 pm

I agree that this is so very stupid!

I thought a little bit of germs here and there is good to build up immunity!!

Seriously, everything is just getting a little bit over the top now!! Next thing you know we are all going to be having to wear masks while working with the children! I think we take enough precautions as far as health and hygiene is concerned...

Give us a break...

:geek:,
L.A