Chef Reflections

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Jess.M

Chef Reflections

Post by Jess.M » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi,
Our chef is currently reflecting on her day but I want to know how we could get her to critically reflect. Do you have any questions or prompts that could guide a chef's reflections?
Thankyou,
Jess

Lorina

Re: Chef Reflections

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:02 pm

This may help:

Reflective Practices In Childcare

:geek:,
Lorina

Jess.M

Post by Jess.M » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks!

backpack

Post by backpack » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 am

I am a cook in a childcare centre. These are just a few that I came up with off the top of my head.

* Did i provide tasty, healthy food today?
* Did I document safe food practices and implement them accordingly?
* Did I meet the dietary requirements of all the children?
* Did I fulfill cultural and religious requirements of families in relation to the children's diets?
* Did I check all allergy and other dietary requirements and label them clearly?
* How could I improve my organisational skills?
* How can I ensure that children with allergies are safe when eating prepared lunches?

I am passionate about the work that cooks do in childcare centres. I am very interested in ways of improving the procedures for cooks in childcare centres and the conditions and training provided. I have submitted a post to the forum (currently pending). Keep an eye out for it, it has not yet been approved but I expect it will be up shortly.

I hope this helps