Needing help

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Childcareeducator19

Needing help

Post by Childcareeducator19 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:07 pm

So where to begin I am a childcare educator I have been in childcare for 6 years I recently started at a new centre and felt like I didn’t belong so I made jokes and tried to make everyone laugh saying things like oh aha I don’t wanna work in the babies room because I have done it for two years two long 😂 which one room turned into that I hated the staff in the babies room rather than me just not enjoying the age group, I then had an incident where a little boy 2 years old doesn’t sleep which is far so I offered him a sleep later in the day at 2 pm as I was putting him to sleep I wrapped him up like a baby and patted his back as he went off to sleep I did that all last week with no problem today I get called into the office and get read out the complaints everyone made about me like me saying things I have never said, it also gets brought up about me forcing that child to sleep because I’m wrapping him which I don’t see as forcing his caregiver really wants him to sleep and she was so happy last week when he did, I then had an incident before this where a coworker was putting a little girl to sleep, little girl is sensitive to new people the coworker asked me to take over so I do the room leader comes into the sleep room and I said “oh I don’t think young girl is ready for sleep” she says let’s get her up and walks out we walk out together nothing said and then this also gets brought up in the meeting.. they fired me on the spot because I didn’t align with their Way of doing things, I’m angry and annoyed things like this can be made up with no proof.. but also worried like really worried I will lose my working with vulnerable people card in childcare, can someone please tell me if I will?

Lorina

Re: Needing help

Post by Lorina » Thu May 26, 2022 2:59 pm

Hi!

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience...

When working in a new service sometimes it can be hard to "fit in". The permanent Educators can sometimes be so glued together that when a "newbie" comes along you can make to feel excluded. Minor issues can be blown way out of proportion and if you are not being told what you are doing is wrong then how are you supposed to fix it.

Firing you on the spot for minor issues could have been avoided if you were just told of these issues so they could be fixed. It feels like they were finding excuses to let you go ..maybe because you didn't fit into the team. Don't feel bad it happens... you just need to go find yourself a new team, one that appreciates you and your sense of humour where you can laugh, joke around and not everyone be so serious.

As far as I know, your wont be losing your working with vulnerable people card in childcare. You didn't do anything "wrong" so to speak. Just as you said "didn't align with their way".

Don't dwell on it, don't take it personally, just move on... use this as an experience to grow!

You will find a centre that you enjoy soon!

:geek:,
Lorina

Childcareeducator19

Post by Childcareeducator19 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Now I have been called by the education and care unit about this to get my view from what my employer did.. I’m freaking out and just wanna cry I just feel like crap and that it’s all my fault but I really hope the centre gets in trouble for how I was treated it just makes me feel it all over again.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:06 am

Just be honest and tell what have you observed at the service. They want to hear your side of the story which is a great opportunity for you to tell them exactly what's been happening.

You'll be alright!

Lorina

nitrofoxrocks

Re: Needing help with questions

Post by nitrofoxrocks » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:30 am

part 3

You are in the 0-3 year room as a Trainee educator along with 3 other educators, Ashley, Daniel and Lauren. Ashley is reading a story with a group of children and asks if you can make a bottle for Lucy as she is getting ready to have her morning sleep. While you are doing this Daniel is changing a nappy and Lauren is at the door talking with another educator about their weekend with her back to the room. A parent comes into the room to drop off their child who appears to be upset. You can see a child climbing up onto a shelf and another child is waking up from their morning sleep and begins to cry.

What issues can you identify in this scenario ?

What strategies could you implement to manage the issues identified?

Who could you ask to assist you during this time?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Can you add your response - go through the scenario and answer the questions.

I'll check it for you.

Lorina