Writing Session evaluation and child observation

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Araania

Writing Session evaluation and child observation

Post by Araania » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi everyone, not sure if I posted this in the right place. Feeling very lost.
I have just started my Cert 3 and have finished 1 unit (CHC30113) and I am on my next unit which is CHCECE002.
The reason why I am writing is because I work on a Casual basis with after hours care and I am having trouble trying to write up a child observation and also a session evaluation. I feel really silly because the ladies I work with are wonderful, but we do not really get the time to sit down and go through how to do it. As I only go 1 day a week and only 2 staff.
So please can someone help me or give me some sort of examples on how they are done so that I have some sort of guide lines to look at. I also found it hard looking for ideas and information about school aged kids between 5-12 yrs old does anyone know any web site I could use?

Thanks everyone.
:sweating: :shock:

Lorina

Re: Writing Session evaluation and child observation

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:03 am

No, no reason to feel silly at all! Sometimes it's easier to understand what you are supposed to be doing when you see something completed first (a sample).

You can find completed samples of observations and reflections of our day (which is similar to the session evaluation) in our Online Tools page (just click on the "sample" button).

Here is the link: Online Tools - OOSH Templates

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Araania

Post by Araania » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Lorina,
Thank you for all your help. It is just so nerve racking when you sit down and try to do all these paper work at least now I have some thing to look at. It's just good to know that there is a place I can go and not feel like I am being judged.

Thanks once again.

:inlove:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:56 am

No problem! :thumbup:

Your questions are always welcomed here!

:geek:,
L.A