Training Providers

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
aseesa

Training Providers

Post by aseesa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 am

HI,

I have Cert III in Children Services and would like to continue with Diploma. I was told OTEN is the best choice for recognision among the employers. However the Open College is also offering the same programe CHC50113. What is the difference between the two? Do employers differentiate whom we
obtained the Diploma from or do they just look at the certificates to qualify us?

Really need your help as I am just about to enroll with one of them very soon. Do share with me your experiences with Open College are they good and well recognised? They are alot cheaper than OTEN as the government funding has stopped for Residents.

Thank you
AZ

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Training Providers

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi AZ,

I would have thought that all ECEC Diploma's CHC50113 would have the same content, the level of support you get from where you study is really important and is a totally other matter. I did my cert 111 through a mob in Brisbane who gave no support at all and did my Diploma through BNIT and they were fantastic. The other Educators in my scheme wished they had also gone through them.
I'd ring around and ask some potential employers for their opinion, if they do have a preference or not.
All the best with your study

linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi AZ,

The CHC50113 in the newest Diploma qualification course in early childhood studies. It also incorporates units from the cert 3 course so those students who are doing their Diploma first without studying the cert 3 qualification has the basis of the main units from cert 3. Since you have completed your cert 3 course, I don't think you'll need to complete the units already completed. You should check this with your course provider anyway... Also with the new Diploma course the modules includes understanding of the NQS, EYLF and the National Regulations so everything has been updated to include these into the units as well.

Depending on which provider you do your course through, I don't think it makes a difference but then it depends on the director of the centre. As long as you have a national recognised qualification then that's the most important.

As long as you find a provider that is able to support you through your studies and meets your needs then it's up to you really...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

aseesa

Post by aseesa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks Lorina and Linsaa fdc!

I dont have much of a choice as I have to do the Diploma online as I have 3 children and the last is just 8 weeks old.
Although I would like to do this with OTEN they are offering this thru Seek Learning at $9600 for Residents but Open College is offering it at $4000++ which is comparatively much lesser.

As long as they are recognised by the employers I am alright to go with Open College. My experience with OTEN When I did my Cert III was not great either. Their replies were always slow and they didnt have much orientation on the units to be covered although occasionally they had some help through web based seminars thats it.

If anyone of you have any experience with Open College or on Employers preferences please share them with me. your help is much appreciated.

Thank you