Portfolio To Show Prospective Employers

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
karynosw
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Portfolio To Show Prospective Employers

Post by karynosw » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:43 am

I have just about finished my diploma and am currently compiling my portfolio to show to prospective employers. I have included the following sections - Personal Philosophy, Personal Statement, Credentials, Experience Artifacts, Documentation Artifacts (broken down into QIP, Planning, Programming, Observations, Learning Journeys, Learning Stories, Reports, Forms, Support, Miscellaneous).

My current portfolio ringbinder folder is full to overflowing with the documentation artifacts taking up the bulk of the space and so I know it would not be practicable to use it as it is for the intended purpose. What should I include/not include in my completed portfolio if I want to give a good representation of who I am and what I am capable of?

Lorina

Re: Portfolio To Show Prospective Employers

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm

It's great that you have got a portfolio to show during your job interviews. It's really handy in explaining what you can do and show them how you do it. In regards to cutting down on what to add to your portfolio just add one of each documentation, for example - 1 program, 1 observation, 1 learning journey, 1 learning story etc. ! of each type of documentation is more than enough to show.

With your personal philosophy and statement, you could add that into your resume/cover letter etc.

When adding to your portfolio just choose the ones that really show off your skills. All Diploma qualified should be able to do observations, learning stories, learning journeys etc. However, if you have photos of a particular set up that you did or experiences that you planned then you could add that to your portfolio as well.

:geek:,
Lorina