Has anyone had TAFE Open Learning vocational placement assessor visit

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
aus22
Participator
Participator

Has anyone had TAFE Open Learning vocational placement assessor visit

Post by aus22 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:42 pm

I am so anxious with only 2 months left to complete CHC50908 I am completing my last 2 clusters and about to begin my vocational placement. I havent worked in over a year (due to having a baby) and have generally only done relief work since working in child care. So I havent had a great deal of experience with observations, programming etc... I see when the assessor comes I will need to run the whole room as a leader, this makes me very nervous. Has anyone else been in this situation or anyone already been assessed atvocational placement? What do the assessors want to observe? I hope I am able to pass the assessment otherwise I pretty much lose everything I have dine because of the new course structure.

I am currently completing Collaborative Partnerships & Educational Program & Practice Clusters.

I am also wondering where to find information online orinthe text book about planning an event like a welcome bbq for new families where are staff help plan/set up etc...

Lorina

Re: Has anyone had TAFE Open Learning vocational placement assessor visit

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:48 am

It's perfectly normal to feel nervous during your assessment. The best advice I can give you is just plan ahead... Make sure you have all the experiences you want set up and you know what your doing throughout the day, the routine and what you will do during group time etc. It's not just about the program but also about how you engage with the children, extend on their interests if any are shown, guide behaviour etc. So, basically it's the whole package. The centre will understand you will be nervous during the visit and I'm sure the educators in your room will provide you will support and assistance when needed! Just don't be afraid to ask others within the room for extra help if you feel you can't. Even room leaders need an extra set of hands at times!

Also, the assessor will be able to give you feedback on what you're doing well and what you need to improve on which helps you to understand what you're doing.

You will be fine!

:geek:,
L.A

BTW - If you need help with assignments please start a new topic in the correct assignment forum with your response/attempt and we will help you out.