Diploma - Online or class?

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Joyx3

Diploma - Online or class?

Post by Joyx3 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi,

From experience is studing via distance or in a class enviroment better. I have looked into both and fees are more for online/distance than through Vic Uni here in Melb. I have been offered a place at VU which is 3 -4 days a week, except of course during placement and I have also been offered a place at UTAS doing Bachelor of Early Childhood via distance. I am changing career, so have never worked in childcare before, other than raising my own 3 adult children. My experience has been as a merchandiser and in sales roles. Big change, but have always wanted to do teaching and work with children, so hoping this is a good pathway perhaps to doing a bachelor instead of going straight into it, this is mainly due to the fact I have not studied for a very long time.

Thanks so much for any advise.

Lorina

Re: Diploma - Online or class?

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:57 am

Well it depends...

Studying online or through distance enables you to continue with your ongoing routine however you need to find time during the day to study...

Going to class forces you to take time during the day and study...

Also there is a difference studying online and in class. In class you have a teacher explaining the modules, giving information and details then and there here as online you are given a list of textbooks to buy and reading material etc which you need to go through to learn on your own. If you have doubts you can talk to a class teacher where as online you will need to email... In class you also have the benefit of working with others and gaining a support group with fellow students. However, a negative may be that they may be less mature than you which may get annoying...

You need to figure out whether you can study at home in your own environment or would you rather a classroom environment?

:geek:,
L.A

blinnie22

Re: Diploma - Online or class?

Post by blinnie22 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:59 pm

i am doing mine online because it is flexiable and i can study when i want to and i can still take care of my family it is great
i am going through open college