Scenario: Kindy Educator Not Supervising

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
li_bar

Scenario: Kindy Educator Not Supervising

Post by li_bar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:17 am

Hi everyone,

As part of my assignment, I need to conduct an interview with the kindy assistance as I've seen her not paying attention in the outdoor play area, leave the area and by that making the children in risk and also change t he children/educators ratio.

1. What will be the verbal warning? except of telling her what I saw, how important it is for her to watch the children and make sure that the ratio is kept at all times?

2. What questions will you ask her? I said that I need to ask her questions such as - "Is something bothering her?", "Is something wrong?"

3. Which counselling and support can I provide to improve her performance? I wrote, go over the policies and proceduers, suggest training and also ask from another staff member to mentor her.

4. Which professional organisation or a comunity group can I use to address her needs? I don't know what to write here.

Any help with these 4 questions will be wonderful

Thanks
Limor

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Kindy Educator Not Supervising

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:41 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

With Q4) maybe she could attend a professional development workshop...

:geek:,
Lorina

pramodhasrinivasan

Re: Scenario: Kindy Educator Not Supervising

Post by pramodhasrinivasan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:51 am

hi i have to audio record for this question can u give any idea how to start the conversation pls