How To Write A Reflection

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
JenV75

How To Write A Reflection

Post by JenV75 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:27 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Reflect on and Improve Own Professional Practice
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi Ladies

I have handed in my assignment for this subject and I have to resubmit. My writing is good its just that i am 'evaluation and observing' rather than writing reflections. Here is an example piece of writing I have done… can you please advise how I could turn it into a reflection please...

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Please refer below

Description and Message:
• Being in the toddlers room, I see the children learning constantly. The children enjoy their day in the toddler’s room. They are happy as they walk around and play with all the experiences provided. Every day I do my best to assist children with their learning and provide experiences to reflect their interests.. I like to do this and it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I feel I do everything I can to make the children’s experience in the room an enjoyable one. The children feel a sense of belonging to the room and educators and I to them. It gives me great satisfaction to support the children’s interests and try to challenge their thinking in order to advance their learning. The children warm to me as I am approachable and get down to their level. I feel like I fit in well and the children are fond of me. Toddler’s often stop what they are doing and observe what they see in their environment. They feel comfortable in the world around them are are confident and involved learners as they explore the room.

Please help! I know I am good at my job…I just do not seem to be too good at reflections…POO!!
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

KatyAkachan

Re: Reflection writing help please

Post by KatyAkachan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:30 am

Reflective writing (as far as I know) needs to focus more on how you feel and how you have responded to situations in the room. Example, did you experience any challenges or problems? How did you respond? Do you feel like you responded well, or is there something you could have done better next time? Was there any specific things that happened that you feel like you handled really well? How did you handle it, and how could you learn from that situation for next time? You've mentioned a few times how you feel and how the children respond to you personally, but I think the problem is that your reflection is focussing more on how the children are feeling whilst in care.
Good luck, I don't reflections either!

Lorina

Re: Reflection writing help please

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:16 am

Katy is on the right track...

Here is some more info which may help:

https://student.unsw.edu.au/reflective-writing
http://www.monash.edu.au/lls/llonline/w ... ting/4.xml

:geek:,
L.A

Zak

Re: How To Write A Reflection