FT073 - Working in Partnership with families - help me

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nerida

FT073 - Working in Partnership with families - help me

Post by nerida » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 pm

hi guys can u help me with this?
Read the scenario below and answer the related questions.
Whose needs are being met?
After completing a parent survey, management at the centre have identified the following issues:
i. parents would like operating hours to be extended to better cater to the needs of working parents (changing from 7.30am -5.30pm to 7am – 6pm)
ii. parents would like to see a more structured program for the four year olds who will be attending school next year
iii. parents would like formal reports prepared on each child’s progress.
Mai, the Director, presents the findings of the survey at a team meeting. The team see the outcome of the survey as a criticism of their work. There are a range of complaints levelled at parents as well as complaints about increasing the staff’s already demanding workload.
Mai suggests that everyone take some time to think about the outcome of the survey and suggests that the team meet again in one week.
During the week Mai has heard many rumblings for the team who continue to perceive the survey results in negative terms. By the time the next meeting arrives Mai is confronted with the following:
a. Several team members have called their union about possible changes to the roster. They argue that they have their own families to consider and are not receptive to starting earlier or finishing later.
b. Most of the team felt that parents should not ‘dictate’ the curriculum as they are not early childhood professionals. They felt that many parents didn’t appreciate the importance of play as a primary learning tool and that to compromise on this would be a direct threat to the team’s professional integrity.
c. The team feels that the current system of documentation – developmental records, narratives, goals and observations is sufficient and complain that formal reports will take too much time – there simply were not enough hours in the working day to complete written reports.

Devise a plan of action for Mai to address outcomes of the parent survey and the team members concerns.
i. In relation to extending opening hours:
ii. In relation to a more structured program for older preschoolers

iii. In relation to formal reports

Lorina

Re: help me

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi Nerida,

Welcome to our forum :D !

For this assignment question I want you to imagine yourself in this scenario and explain what you would do... You may think it's impossible but it doesn't take much too begin answering this question for yourself..

In relation to extending opening hours:

As a team member in this scenario think about possible concerns such as staff working longer hours, coming up with a new roster or having to change the afternoon routine.

In relation to a more structured program for older preschoolers

For team members in this scenario think about how they can incorporate a "structured program" into their routine or in the activities they plan. Maybe parents don't understand the program or exactly what the children do at the centre, maybe the centre needs to provide more information about the programming an planning to the parents.

iii. In relation to formal reports

Possible concerns to think about as a team member can include: will they be given time to write the reports, how much time do they have, how long the report is, will they be getting extra pay or time in lieu for extra time spent on writing reports etc...

What do you think??? Have a read through each of the scenarios you have posted and I would like to know what you will do in each of the scenarios, I will be more than happy to help you BUT I want to know what you understand!

Also, I dont think you have read through our Forum Policy. Can you please have a read through our forum rules so you understand our policy for asking assignment questions...Couple of things out of the Forum rules I would like to point out is:

Rule B-1: When posting a new topic asking for help with an assignment question, the topic name (Subject heading) must have the following format – “{MODULE NUMBER} – {QUESTION}”

A good example will be: “CHCIC512A - Plan and Implement inclusion of children with additional needs”

A bad example: “Please help with my assignment” (or) “HELP! My assignment is due”.

Rule B-2: When posting your topic, rather than simply typing the question and expecting it to be answered, please provide your answer or your understanding for that question so other members can help you with anything you may have missed or misunderstood. You must understand that our members are there to help you with your study and NOT for providing you with answers.

Please have a full read here: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=46&t=284

Can you please give me the Module number for these assignments (including the other ones you have posted) so I can edit the topic headings...Feel free to ask me if you have any questions...

So, just go back have a read through each of the scenarios and ask yourself what would you do if it was you and let me know. Also, can you please do the same for the other 2 questions you have posted so I can help you further. Don't worry even if you don't understand the question completely or if you think you might be wrong..Just give it a try.. we will guide you, we wont judge you... :D

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

nerida

Post by nerida » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:46 pm

the module is working in partenership with familys. num ft073
and thanks for ur help, yeah i have just finished this assignment already at study group..lol yeah sorry bout this, i didnt want anyone to actually do this assignment for me but more a push in the right direction. but i guess your rite u dont know my direction unless i put that down too hey...... but thanks again anyway.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Nerida,

Thank you for your understanding..good on you for finishing your assignment..How did you go with the other ones?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

nerida

Post by nerida » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 pm

yeah im all done hey, thank you though. yeah im doing it through tafe but didnt buy the books... lol but have now finished this module anyway.. but thank you so much