Differences Between EYLF & MTOP Frameworks

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Eilleen
Helper
Helper

Differences Between EYLF & MTOP Frameworks

Post by Eilleen » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Compare these two framework documents to identify three key differences regarding their application.
Belonging, Being and Becoming as well as My Time Our Place for the comparison
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Eilleen
Helper
Helper

Re: chcece009

Post by Eilleen » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:26 pm

I figured that is for My time Our Place was for children of school age 6-12 and belonging being and becoming were for 0-5 years old

Lorina

Re: Differences Between EYLF & MTOP Frameworks

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:03 am

Yes that's one major difference. See if this helps as well:
The Early Years Learning Framework and My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care, outline practices to support and promote children’s learning and development.

The aim of the Early Years Learning Framework is to extend and enrich children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition to school. It assists services to provide young children with opportunities to maximise their potential and develop a foundation for future success in learning.

The aim of the Framework for School Age Care is to extend and enrich the wellbeing and development of school age children in education and care settings. It assists services to provide children in school age care with opportunities to engage in leisure and play-based experiences.

Ref: Learning Frameworks

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina