Consequences Of Child's Choices, Actions & Ideas Through Play

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
zoee
Participator
Participator

Consequences Of Child's Choices, Actions & Ideas Through Play

Post by zoee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: opportunities through play for children to experience the consequences of their choices, actions and ideas
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
task 1
Show you could plan and provide opportunities through play for children to experience the consequences of their choices, actions and ideas.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I haven't answered it sorry :( I couldn't think of anything.

Description and Message:
I need to show I do it working with the children at my work.
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Consequences Of Child's Choices, Actions & Ideas Through Play

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:22 am

A few examples could be:

- At the painting table, there are art smocks hanging next to the easel. If a child chooses not to wear one while painting a consequence would be that they get paint on their clothes.

- Wearing their shoes in the sandpit while playing. They get sand in their shoes.

- Bringing a toy to pay with from home. May get lost or broken.

- Not wearing a hat during outside play. They have to stay in the under covered area.

- Packing the toys away in the wrong spot. Won't be able to find them for next time.

- Leaving the glue without a lid. It dries and wont be able to stick anymore.

You just need to think of examples of the types of activities/or the routine of a child at a centre and the consequences which could happen because of their choices.

Hope this gives you some ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

Hopefully these give you some ideas.

zoee
Participator
Participator

Post by zoee » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 am

thanks for your reply and help. :) I had to hand the assignment in before I got your reply but I put en example of doing a group time with the children talking about our feelings, I read feeling books to them and talked about what the consequences were if they were mean to someone or nice to someone and things like that. do you think that would still be okay? thanks :)

Ruvi
Participator
Participator

Post by Ruvi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Lorina,
I have same question opportunities through play for children to experience the consequences of their choices, actions and ideas
I am currently working in nursery room and I provided some paly experiences for them such as group painting activity, modelling clay activity, musical treasure basket, construction site, zoo animal, dramatic play - home corner and dolls play etc. I need to select one or two experiences from that and I really don't know how to answer that my experiences provided opportunities for children to experience the consequences of their choices, actions and ideas.
Please Lorina or anyone can give me some ideas for this?
Thanks Ruvi...

Ruvi
Participator
Participator

Post by Ruvi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi Lorina,
I have same question opportunities through play for children to experience the consequences of their choices, actions and ideas
I am currently working in nursery room and I provided some paly experiences for them such as group painting activity, modelling clay activity, musical treasure basket, construction site, zoo animal, dramatic play - home corner and dolls play etc. I need to select one or two experiences from that and I really don't know how to answer that my experiences provided opportunities for children to experience the consequences of their choices, actions and ideas.
Please Lorina or anyone can give me some ideas for this?
Thanks Ruvi...