CHCORG428A, Projects, please help

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rosaaustin

CHCORG428A, Projects, please help

Post by rosaaustin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi everyone
Please help me with these projects that I actually dont know what to do. Am I supposed to create a code of ethics (which would be alot of work) and then answer the other questions separately? Or Am I to list professional and ethical standards together or as one?

Regarding project 2, I don't know of any situations or issues, (what would they be?) that I a required to provide resolution to? What should I do?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, RA

project 1: You are about to set up a small business in the community services sector, consider the organisation's objectives, write a paper outlining the professional and ethical standards your organisation would adhere to

What external influences and data would inform the expectations you might have of your employees?

Explain how you would ensure that the employees working in the organisation continuously upgrade their skills and how you would determine the developmental needs of your employees

How would you encourage employees to reflect upon their work practice, evaluate their own skills and learning needs and improve the organisation's professional practice?

Project 2: Community service workers will interact with a wide variety of clients and co-workers from a range of cultural and experiential backgrounds. They must be aware of: the role of diversity in the workplace; methods of accommodating diversity; access and equity issues that relate to their own area of work cultural, historical, access and equity issues that could be specific to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities; other issues that might face Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities
They must demonstrate the ability to work, communicate and negotiate with a range of people from different cultural groups.
For the community service sector in which you work or are intending to work describe some of the cultural, historical, access ad equity issues which you might be confronted. Explain how you could deal with these issues and how you would ensure that the rights of diverse people and their communities can be upheld
Utilise workplace examples to support and explain your responses and provide where possible evidence that shows the steps you have taken or will take, to address such issues

wallyneho

Re: CHCORG428A, Projects, please help

Post by wallyneho » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm

i was wondering did you get a reply or how you answered the question because im on that same question and im stuck to i dont know how to start it

princess-1978

Post by princess-1978 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Was just wondering if either of you have had a response to these as I am currently stuck on these also.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:44 am

princess-1978 wrote:Was just wondering if either of you have had a response to these as I am currently stuck on these also.
Project 1:

External Influences:
- Code Of Ethics - Early Childhood Australia
- National Regulations and Law - Early Children's Services
- Code Of Conduct

Upgrade Skills:
- Monthly meeting to discuss performance
- Performance review
- Free workshops and in house training
- Surveys on what type of training is required

Reflect on Employees Practice:
- Weekly Self Reflections
- Staff Appraisals
- Evaluation Forms

Project 2:
- Read the attachment in the following topic:

CHCIC302A - Impact, Historical Issues on Aboriginal Torres Strait Islanders

I know it isn't much but hopefully I have given you a starting point for each of your projects.

Hope his helps,

:geek:,
L.A

belinda89

Post by belinda89 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 pm

project one.

I thought I had finished the unit but ive been asked to resubmit. Ive looked at the steps you explain above an I thought I was on the same track as that.
can I please get further example.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Is this what you are referring to:
project 1: You are about to set up a small business in the community services sector, consider the organisation's objectives, write a paper outlining the professional and ethical standards your organisation would adhere to

What external influences and data would inform the expectations you might have of your employees?

Explain how you would ensure that the employees working in the organisation continuously upgrade their skills and how you would determine the developmental needs of your employees

How would you encourage employees to reflect upon their work practice, evaluate their own skills and learning needs and improve the organisation's professional practice?

:geek:,
Lorina