Am I entitled to back pay?

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
c1991

Am I entitled to back pay?

Post by c1991 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:51 am

Hi there,

I was just wanting to ask a question about my pay. I am currently Cert 3 qualified and have been working at the centre for over a year. I finished my course over 9 months ago and was on a payment plan to pay off the certificate. Because I was on a payment plan I did not receive my certificate until 2 weeks ago as I had finally paid it off. My certificate issue date was 28 May 2019. Throughout the duration of my employment I have been paid at level 1.1. I did send my course completion letter to my Director back when I finished the course (which was an official letter and stated that I had completed the course on this date and I am now officially qualified), however she said that the company do not accept letters and I would need to wait for the physical certificate. Am I entitled to back pay now that I have received my certificate and have 'technically' been qualified for the past 9 months?

c1991

Re: Am I entitled to back pay?

Post by c1991 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Does anyone have any advice regarding this issue? I am considering speaking to fairwork this week. Thanks