NO MORE - New Government STOPS $300 Million Boost For Wage Increase

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

NO MORE - New Government STOPS $300 Million Boost For Wage Increase

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi All,

Well we all thought the wage increase the government was implementing was a welcome sight! Unfortunately like most things it was only short lived. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the new government has decided to stop this incentive!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... mm-premium

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... -fund.html

Everything seems to be heading downwards once again!

:geek:,
L.A

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Re: NO MORE - New Government STOPS $300 Million Boost For Wage Increase

Post by dulciean » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:37 pm

A sad state of affairs indeed. Everyone I speak to says-" I didn't vote for them!" Well somebody did!!!!
Yep- Liberal is notorious for viewing all humanity based industry as superfluous and not of any importance. So here we go gurgle down the drain - throwing the baby out with the bath water so to speak.
How I crave the olden days when ECEC was in the Education portfolio - not Industry/Business.
No one wins when the powers that be are PROFITING from our youngest members of society- the one million plus children in Childcare each day across Australia. Makes me sick..... :sick:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: NO MORE - New Government STOPS $300 Million Boost For Wage Increase

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:35 pm

My centre just made the cut. Good. I was actually starting to rethink my career options in this industry...