Term goals

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Asha9292

Term goals

Post by Asha9292 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:20 pm

Hey everyone
I’m new to forum an this year is first year I am no longer an assistant educator but a room leader for 3-4 year olds so bit exciting but nervous!
My director wants me to put up our term goals but reading around I’m bit confused on how many goals I need to have displayed.
Do I need a term goal for each of the 5 learning outcomes ( what our kinder teacher does) or just one overal term goal what our other room leaders do eg- children feel safe secure An supported within their new environment which is term one goal they all use
My kinder teacher suggested goals for my room

Outcome 1 - for each child to learn and understand the need for class rules such as walking inside hands to ourselves and inside voices

Outcome 2 - to make positive interactions and relationships with families and children

Outcome 3- to guide and support the children’s with their toilet training

Outcome 4 - encouraging and supporting the children to learn to self serve meals and dress themselves

Outcome 5 - for children to learn to use their words to communicate rather then actions

I’m bit unsure on these hence why I’m asking.

I want to start of doing everything the right way not doing it wrong then changing it later we’re also going through a accreditation this year so want it to link up An Be up to standard!

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Ashley

Lorina

Re: Term goals

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:06 am

Hi Ashley,

In regards to goals, you can have the EYLF Outcome and then the sub outcome to specify the exact goal.

For example

Learning Outcome 1 - Children have a strong sense of identity- 1.1 Children feel safe, secure and supported by confidently explore and engage with social and physical environments through relationships and play.

You can use the following to help: How Children Can Achieve Outcomes

You can do 1 goal per outcome. Once the children have achieved the goal it will need to be evaluated and detailed about how it was achieved. Then a new goal can be added.

There is no right or wrong way for goals to be displayed, as long as they are linked to the EYLF Outcomes and they are evaluated.

:geek:,
Lorina

Asha9292

Re: Term goals

Post by Asha9292 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:36 am

Thankyou lorina
A lot of staff only do the one learning outcome per term so was unsure if needed to have the one or cover all areas ☺️