Interview Questions On Incorporating Regulations Within The Program

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Audrey90

Interview Questions On Incorporating Regulations Within The Program

Post by Audrey90 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi all,

I often got caught up in a question asking me about how will I incorporate the regulations into my program? I have a strong feeling that I always answered this question wrongly. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Interview Questions On Incorporating Regulations Within The Program

Post by Lorina » Wed May 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Here is what it says in the Regulations:

Part 4.1 Educational program and practice

73 Educational program

(1) This Part applies in relation to the program (the educational program) that is required to be delivered under section 168 of the Law to a child being educated and cared for by an education and care service.

(2) An educational program is to contribute to the following outcomes for each child—
(a) the child will have a strong sense of identity;
(b) the child will be connected with and contribute to his or her world;
(c) the child will have a strong sense of wellbeing;
(d) the child will be a confident and involved learner;
(e) the child will be an effective communicator.

74 Documenting of child assessments or evaluations for delivery of educational program

(1) The approved provider of the education and care service must ensure that, for the purposes of the educational program, the following are documented—
(a) for a child preschool age or under—
(i) assessments of the child’s developmental needs, interests, experiences and participation in the educational program; and
(ii) assessments of the child’s progress against the outcomes of the educational program; and
(b) for a child over preschool age, evaluations of the child’s wellbeing, development and learning.

(2) In preparing the documentation, the approved provider must—
(a) consider—
(i) the period of time that the child is being educated and cared for by the service; and
(ii) how the documentation will be used by the educators at the service; and
(b) prepare the documentation in a way that is readily understandable by the educators at the service and the parents of the child.
Note. A compliance direction may be issued for failure to comply with subregulation (1).

75 Information about educational program to be kept available

The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that—
(a) information about the contents and operation of the educational program for the service is displayed at the education and care service premises at a place accessible to parents of children being educated and cared for by the service; and
(b) a copy of the educational program is available at the following places for inspection on request—
(i) in the case of a centre-based service, at the education and care service premises;
(ii) in the case of a family day care service, at each family day care residence or family day care venue.
Note. A compliance direction may be issued for failure to comply with this regulation.

76 Information about educational program to be given to parents

The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that a parent of a child being educated and cared for by the service is provided with the following information on request—
(a) information about the content and operation of the educational program so far as it relates to that child;
(b) information about the child’s participation in the program;
(c) a copy of the documents kept under regulation 74 in respect of the child.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

CThomas

Post by CThomas » Thu May 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi Audrey. You'll note that Regulation 73(2) list 5 outcomes for children that hopefully your the educational program will contribute to - the 5 listed outcomes are identical to the outcomes listed in both the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Framework for School Age Care (FSAC). Towards the end of the National Regulations, Schedule 1 titled National Quality Standard (NQS), lists all of the standards and elements that you are assessed against in an assessment and rating process.
I'm thinking that when you get asked the question next time, you begin by explaining that the Regulations requires you as an educator to deliver an age-appropriate program that contributes to the 5 learning outcomes specified in the relevant learning framework, in a manner that aligns with the principles and practices of the learning framework. You could then say that the National Regulations also requires you to document each child's participation in the program and their learning journey towards the 5 learning outcomes, in a way that is easily understandable by parents. You could then explain that the National Regulations also covers assessment and rating, and that Schedule 1 of the Regs provides a list of quality areas, standards and elements that a service is assessed against during an assessment and rating process. You could say that, as an educator, you are required to be familiar with all of the 7 quality areas in the National Quality Standard, and that this document guides your practice and reflection.

Hope that helps!
Cynthia

Audrey90

Post by Audrey90 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Dear Lorina and Cynthia,

Thank you so much! It's really a great help to me :)

Audrey