Over it

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Over it

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Over my new job
unmotivated
tired
drained

:cry:

just want out, but nothing suitable to step into, but not sure can last until something comes up

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Over it

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Oh no! What happened? Could it be one of those ups and downs where things could change for a better day over time? Are you still doing uni now while working full time? Maybe you should take a semester off if you are feeling too overwhelmed!

*HUGS*

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Noooo noooo and noooo centre has changed licensee 3 times and never improves ... It's shocking. I have worked for exceptional centres where the children are the focus, he it's about numbers as it means mone
Nahhhh it is. It about to improve I am out.... I had a good deal but I will sacrifice everything for my morals, ethics & principles

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 am

You got to do what is right for you and if that means leaving than so be it! Unfortunately not every centre is going to be outstanding or even run for the right reasons but even though you can still make some positive changes to it from your end. It's going to get frustrating but I guess that's part of the challenge... Not long till you finish your degree this year isn't it so maybe if you had enough you can look at something else... Maybe an assessor???

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 am

I understand not every centre can be of a high standard, but surely there needs to be some minimum standard on which a centre should run!
I cannot accept no resources, staff being asked to pay for room resources out of their pocket with no reimbursement. No respect for children, no understanding of duty of care and reporting serious incidents.
Might be selfish but I have my reputation and career to think about, I cannot be a part of something that does so much wrong.
When a place gets 4-6 pages of non compliance letters issued by the department - regularly, there is a LOT wrong and it is not being put right, not long term anyway
I have applied for a number of ECT positions and am thinking of doing FDC maybe

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 am

Seems like the centre is going through a lot of problems! Even though all these are happening it's still up and running on a daily basis. I bet parents have no idea about what really goes on huh... If only they knew...

FDC seems like a great idea. You're on your own, you make all the decisions, own planning, comfort of your home, small group of kids, etc. I would probably do the same once I get back into it... That would be exciting running your own FDC, you are your own boss!

:geek:,
L.A