HANDLING CHILDREN

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
traylee01

HANDLING CHILDREN

Post by traylee01 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm

I do relief work in some centres well known company, are they allowed to manhandle type thing with them
yesterday i seen a teacher grab the little boy by the arms and get in his face because he had a toilet accident near the tree

then i seen a mum come in with little girl and her daughter went to place something inside the room and another teacher stood there in her way with her knee blocking her, then proceeded to grab the little girls arm lower arm and pull her back towards outside, then when the mum spoke up and said she was putting the toy away the teacher then turned while still holding on to the little girls arm to take her back to where the toy belong and then back towards outside, this was not a soft hold either, a few were quiet rough and i have noticed this in a few of the bigger well known centres that have swapped names a few times now, worldwide company

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HANDLING CHILDREN

Post by JNP » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Traylee,
I believe this kind of behaviour towards children is disgusting. The Code of Ethics states that the "protection and wellbeing of children is paramount, and therefore speaking out or taking action in the presence of unethical practice is an essential professional responsibility". I think you should report these incidents to the room leader or director. As early childhood professionals it is our responsibility to advocate on behalf of children.
It really saddens me that things like this go on.

lumamelzem

Post by lumamelzem » Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 pm

HI all
I did report to the admin what i witnessed in child care when i was a student and they gave me hell of a time,because all the big shots are been rough with children.
another center i couldn't say much because the coordinator was rough with children.

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 am

OMG, I don't know what to say, those poor children. I'm going on placement in July, I hope I don't see anything like that.