Employer issues

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Cassandrajay

Employer issues

Post by Cassandrajay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 pm

My employer who I worked with for 13 months before leaving recently refused to give me payslips while I worked there even though I asked multiple times for them. I now really need them as I would like to compare classifications with my current work as I am not paid the same, also I have no Idea if the correct super has been paid.

Also I worked with no breaks or other entitlements while I was there as the employer 'didn't believe in it', I was not informed f no breaks before I started. Recently on the facebook site for childcare owners and directors someone posted that if you dont provide lunch breaks it can come back on you an you will need to pay out for that time, is there any truth to that?

My main concern is how to get payslips, hans for any help

Lorina

Re: Employer issues

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:13 am

First off, by law your employer needs to give you payslip not just for your records but for their own. I went to Fair Work Australia site and here is some information regarding payslips:

Pay Slips & Record Keeping

In regards to Tax did you receive the PAYG summary:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodg ... summaries/

You may be able to work out you pay using the summary or if you were paid into your bank account just divide the amount received by the number of hours worked and that should give you a rough estimate.

Also can't believe you didn't receive any breaks, once again by law this is illegal. So, you didn't get time away from the children to eat lunch or take a break?? You got no break in between your shift? You worked the whole day? You should be paid overtime!

Breaks, Leave, Overtime and Wage Related Matters

If you are having difficulty with your employer the best thing to do is to contact Fair Work Australia and they will help you:

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/How-we-will- ... ace-issues

Don't hesitate to contact them if you need them. They are there to help you!

:geek:,
L.A

Cassandrajay

Post by Cassandrajay » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:18 am

Thanks for that I'm going to try asking for payslips again, I've worked out my hourly rate but can't fit it into the payscale.

That's right no breaks, I was on the floor from 10.30 until 6. And needed to eat, clean, and do paperwork while supervising and interacting. Often I was also the only person in the room as I had low numbers but it made it difficult to do anything, like leave to go to the bathroom.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 am

Even though you were the only educator in the room you are still required to get a break! Legally you should of been paid overtime since you worked that many hours straight! It must of been a very tough and tiring year for you! Glad you haven't given up and have moved on!

:geek:,
L.A