Diploma Qualification Online: Advice Needed

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Barbara Halasz

Diploma Qualification Online: Advice Needed

Post by Barbara Halasz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi I am looking to do my Diploma in Childrens services in Melbourne, as I work Full Time I need something flexible and possibly online? Do I have to do the Cert 111 first or can i go straight and do Diploma? I am also interested in what the course fees are for both Cert 111 and Diploma. Apprecaite your help!
Last edited by Lorina on Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Qualifications Advice please

Post by Lorina » Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

It is possible and probably easier to do your Diploma of Children's Services online rather than on campus. The only difference is probably the fees will be more for online than if you go to a campus.

Before doing your Diploma, you did have to complete the Cert III qualification however I think now some institutes offer "pre-requisite modules" that need to be completed first before starting the core units of the Diploma qualification, which I think means you can can just gain a Diploma qualification (although I'm not 100% sure if I's right on this so best check when inquiring).

Regarding the fees, every online institute is different... Some are cheaper and some are more expensive.... TAFE is the cheapest option for completing this qualification. They also offer it online/correspondence however I think it depends on the which TAFE you are with... I also think that Centrelink is offering study payments/support etc if you are completing the Diploma qualification however it's best to check directly with them about this.

The hard part is finding the best institute to do your qualification. Give yourself a few options, ring them directly and see which one is offering the best support and flexibility which will suit your needs...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Re: Qualifications Advice please

Post by Lorina » Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

It is possible and probably easier to do your Diploma of Children's Services online rather than on campus. The only difference is probably the fees will be more for online than if you go to a campus.

Before doing your Diploma, you did have to complete the Cert III qualification however I think now some institutes offer "pre-requisite modules" that need to be completed first before starting the core units of the Diploma qualification, which I think means you can can just gain a Diploma qualification (although I'm not 100% sure if I's right on this so best check when inquiring).

Regarding the fees, every online institute is different... Some are cheaper and some are more expensive.... TAFE is the cheapest option for completing this qualification. They also offer it online/correspondence however I think it depends on the which TAFE you are with... I also think that Centrelink is offering study payments/support etc if you are completing the Diploma qualification however it's best to check directly with them about this.

The hard part is finding the best institute to do your qualification. Give yourself a few options, ring them directly and see which one is offering the best support and flexibility which will suit your needs...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A