Routines to Foster Child's Independence

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sam.gilgs

Routines to Foster Child's Independence

Post by sam.gilgs » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:50 pm

c) The importance of using routines as opportunities to foster children’s independence.
Guidance –Make sure you refer to the National Quality Framework in your answer.
I've written the below so far, but I am having trouble making it make sense. I think I understand routines, but am not 100% sure I've hit the mark.
In the NQF, Routines are integral to Standard 1, Element 1.3 - The program, including routines, is organised in ways that maximize opportunities for each child’s learning.

Predicting patterns and the passing of time support the child’s sense of being. Routines also foster a child’s independence, by allowing them the opportunity to make decisions independently – for example, a simple routine of washing hands and sitting before morning tea – a child’s Independence and confidence is supported when they begin to notice when they need to this, without adult direction.

THANKS!!

Lorina

Re: Routines to Foster Child's Independence

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Good response!

Also:

• participating collaboratively in everyday routines, events and experiences and having opportunities to contribute to decisions
• having opportunities to enhance their learning during routines
• using routines and play experiences to interact with babies and children to build attachment
• using routines to undertake intentional teaching
• seeking opportunities within routines for spontaneous learning
• minimising the times during which children are expected to do the same thing at the same time

Ref: Guide To The NQS

:geek:,
Lorina