Observation and Analysis Of Child's Behaviour Of Concern

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
seep
Contributor
Contributor

Observation and Analysis Of Child's Behaviour Of Concern

Post by seep » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Q-you will create an observation and analysis of a child's behaviour of concern. you may do this on a child that you are familiar with or a child that you work with
Based on the situation you have observed, answer the following questions

Observation

Anecdotal Record

Activity: Learning center – Table toys_ Date: 04/11/2015
Name: Child's Tantrum Recorder: Teacher

Child A ran over to the table where other students were completing puzzles shouting, “Here I come!” He then approached another student and asked, “Can I have that puzzle?”
Other student: No, I’m not finished.
Child A: But I need that one to build my rocket ship.
Other student: Mrs. H says you have to wait your turn.
Child A: Mrs. H, Mrs. H, can I have that puzzle now?
Mrs. H: when ___ is finished, you may have a turn.
Child A: Set the timer then. (to other student) You have 1 minute, right Mrs. H? Child A then sat at the table with his face supported by his hands and repeated 5 times, Time is almost up. When the timer rang,
Child A took the puzzle and dumped it and began assembling it himself.
---------------------------------------------------

A)what happened before the behavior occurred?
one child was playing with a puzzle while the other child wanted to have the same puzzle to complete his spaceship
------------------------------------
B)what other children were nearby?( do not use children's real names, record other children's ages as well)
there was a group of children nearby whose ages vary between 4 to 5 years of age
-------------------------------------------
C)what role did the other children have in the child's behavior?

Help please
-----------------------------------------
D) what role did the environment play in the child's behavior?
kids want independence and control over their environment — more than they may be capable of handling. This can lead to power struggles as a child thinks "I can do it myself" or "I want it, give it to me." When kids discover that they can't do it and can't have everything they want, they may have a tantrum.
--------------------------------------------
E) what did adults nearby do after the behavior occurred?

the teacher nearby agreed on the child's suggestion of taking turn for the puzzle
--------------------------------------------------
F) what do you think triggered (or caused) this behavior?
1-Frustration,
2- Wanting for the things he don’t have
3- Over-stimulation
4- Emotional overload
5- uncomfort
-------------------------------------------
g) what do you think the child achieved with this behavior? i.e. did they gain something? avoid something?
child learnt that it is not necessary to gain everything on the spot and you can solve the issues even peacefully too and when you wait it pays off rally well also that the fight is not the ultimate solution
------------------------------------------
h) Talk to another adult (preferably the child's parents) or another educator about this behavior and record their thoughts, expectations and views about this behavior?
Parents were asked to answer the questions to the best of their knowledge, while ensuring that the answers they give reflected their child’s perspective. Mother of the child told us that Temper tantrums vary from child to child depending on their style. Some will throw themselves on the floor, screaming and kicking. Some will hold their breath, thinking that caregivers will surely grant them their wishes to keep them from dying. As a parent, I know whether a child has autism or not, realize that you are in control, not the child. It is not a popularity contest. You are not there to wait on your child and indulge all their whims. Buying every toy that is requested isn't going to make them any happier in the long run than if you say no. When you choose the battle, there is no easy way out. Sometimes you just have to ride out the storm and let the tantrum roar.
The care giver stated As a caregiver of a child on the autism spectrum, getting to know your child and their triggers is vital. It’s a steep learning curve for both. Children must be guided into the proper way to behave. Discipline does not need to be an angry or negative experience. If handled properly, it can be positive and a learning experience for everyone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q-why is it important that you consult with your supervior before approaching a parent or guardian about a concearn you have regarding their child?

if we consult with supervisors before approaching a parent or guardian the supervisor will be able to take appropriate action, can give immegiate support to us it can be moral or emotional both

Although I have given this answer but I am not confident about it

---------------------------------------------------
Q-why do educators need to adjust their levels of support when children's needs are changed?

Please help thanks
--------------------------------------------------
Please suggest am I on the right track for my answers

Lorina

Re: Observation and Analysis Of Child's Behaviour Of Concern

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:17 am

There isn't any concerning behaviour in your observation... Concerning behaviour could be a child:

- screaming
- biting
- pushing
- throwing the toys on the floor etc.

Maybe you could add one of these to your observation?

:geek:,
Lorina

kitudandyan

Re: Observation and Analysis Of Child's Behaviour Of Concern

Post by kitudandyan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:30 am

hello lorina
i need ur help am student am doing certificate III u help me for some question please?

B)what other children were nearby?( do not use children's real names, record other children's ages as well)
there was a group of children nearby whose ages vary between 4 to 5 years of age

C)what role did the other children have in the child's behavior?

E ) what did adults nearby do after the behavior occurred?

Please help me