Culture Impacts On The Behaviour Of Children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Deepu Singh
Participator
Participator

Culture Impacts On The Behaviour Of Children

Post by Deepu Singh » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 pm

17. Describe in your own words how culture impacts on the behaviour of children.
Content needs to reflect this
would this be something like frustration due language barriers, feeling left out due to skin colour, I'm not sure can someone please direct me

Lorina

Re: Culture Impacts On The Behaviour Of Children

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:20 pm

I think this may refer to the home culture of the children's family and how it impacts the child's behaviour... For example some cultures do everything for their child from feeding, to dressing, to bathing up until the child is 8 years old. This has nothing to do with "babying" the child rather the culture that children are brought up this way. However, in other cultures children are independent and do things for themselves from a young age itself...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Bensos
Participator
Participator

Post by Bensos » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:28 pm

This is the start of my answer:

A child’s cultural upbringing has a substantial impact on their behaviour. The family unit is where the child is first exposed to relationships, behavioural expectations and how to communicate with others. There are some significant differences between cultures and what is expected. Cultural behaviour can affect every aspect of raising a child – from feeding, toileting, communicating, discipline and reasoning.

In Western cultures (Australia, America, And The UK) Children are encouraged to be assertive and to value independence. Being quiet, withdrawn and unassertive are taken for being shy fearful and socially awkward. Whereas in East Asian cultures (South Korea & China for example) Inhibited and quiet behaviour is viewed as being respectful, obedient and well mannered.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Yes, that's a really good start! :thumbup:

Lorina

elizabethboucher
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by elizabethboucher » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi Lorina,
I'm confused with this question. Can you help me?
How can cultural beliefs and practice impact upon a child’s behaviour? How do different families respond to inappropriate behaviour? Why do educators need to be careful not to impose their own beliefs on children? (250-300 words)

thanks!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:35 am

See if the following information help:

Cultural Impacts On The Behaviour Of Children

Lorina