Contemporary research CHCECE056

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tara92

Contemporary research CHCECE056

Post by tara92 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:06 pm

I honestly don't understand the question!? I've been told to have a look at the acecqa website for research but I'm at a total lose and don't get what contemporary research I should be looking at
The question
recent research that aligns with your own beliefs and values as an educator. For each research, reflect on your own beliefs and values and briefly explain how they align with the identified research.
Early childhood contemporary research 1:
Research 2
Research3:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: Contemporary research CHCECE056

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:18 pm

Hi!

Ok, I had a look through the ACECQA website and in the following link I found Education and care sector research so Im assuming that it is referring to that.

Here is the link: Reseach

Then you read through each research and write down how your own values and beliefs based on what you read.

There is quite a lot som maybe just pick a couple.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

CG0123

Re: Contemporary research CHCECE056

Post by CG0123 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:38 pm

I had a similar task here is what i wrote:

Modern Research: Research by the University of Cambridge on 3,800 children ages 3-8 states that play-based learning has a better effect in early math, social and language skills rather than direct adult led learning. Play-based learning is referred to as educational activities that are lightly guided by an adult by using prompts, open ended questions, and letting the children play freely to achieve the goal in their own ways. Children have shown to develop key skills at the same rate or earlier by using play-based learning.

Personal beliefs: I believe that children shouldn't be restricted to the four walls of a classroom, going outside and into different play spaces allows the children to explore themselves and the world at their own pace and without harsh assessment. Educators should be there for child's comfort and to assist them in playing not to criticise and assess the child in a way that will be more harmful to the child's development than good. teaching children the values of respect, honesty and kindness at a young age will assist them in using these as the grown up.

How does my beliefs align with theories and modern research: my beliefs align most with the modern research as both state that play based learning is more effective than adult directed learning, i also believe that both theories i wrote about are very relevant and can assist educators and parents in helping children the way that suits them best rather than using one approach to all children.