CHCORG303A - Case study

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
neetlee44

CHCORG303A - Case study

Post by neetlee44 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi, please can you help me with these Case Studys.. Please let me know if I am on the right track. Thanks
a. You are preparing the art and craft materials for tomorrow. When you open the black paint there is a sickly odour. You open another and it’s the same. You then check several more and find they all have a strong sour smell.
What action would you take? Would not use the paint. I would replace all lids tightly then mention it to the Q.S.M. The paint would have to get disposed of correctly. I would use new paint and if not available, I would need to order more.
[/i]
e. Over the last few weeks the older preschool children have become very interested in block building and have been creating quite elaborate designs using almost all of the available blocks. As it happens, the toddlers in the adjoining room are also very focused on block building. Your colleague from the older toddler rooms asks if they can borrow some blocks so that they can provide greater challenge and choice for the toddlers. I would give the toddlers the blocks that they wanted to borrow and I would get other things out that could interest my preschool children. This may include animals, other blocks, cars etc

d. As you are setting up the outdoor area you notice several broken bottles. On closer examination you can see lots of small shards of glass in the lawn. I would put on some gloves and collect all of the pieces of glass that I could get. ?? Then unsure what else to write

Lorina

Re: CHCORG303A - Case study

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi Neetlee,

Thanks for providing your responses to your questions... With the procedures you mentioned in each of the scenarios I would basically do the same and you have covered pretty much everything. I do have a few more points that you can add to your responses to support your answers:

You are preparing the art and craft materials for tomorrow. When you open the black paint there is a sickly odour. You open another and it’s the same. You then check several more and find they all have a strong sour smell.

Along with your answer you can also add - that you will check where the paints are stored to make sure that there is nothing leaking or nothing spilt which are causing the paints to become like this.

Over the last few weeks the older preschool children have become very interested in block building and have been creating quite elaborate designs using almost all of the available blocks. As it happens, the toddlers in the adjoining room are also very focused on block building.

Since the preschoolers have been creating elaborate designs with the blocks and since you will be giving the blocks to the toddlers to use, you could use different construction materials for the preschoolers to use. Such as small wooden blocks, lego, shaped blocks etc. This allows the preschoolers to continue their interest on constructing and building elaborate designs by using different equipment.

As you are setting up the outdoor area you notice several broken bottles. On closer examination you can see lots of small shards of glass in the lawn.

You could also let the team know and block off the area so the children can't access it. There may be still small pieces of glass within the grass area so let the maintenance team know so they can mow over it... (don't actually know if that helps). Make sure that the children wear their shoes while walking outside until you eliminate and make sure the glass is all gone.

Hope it helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

neetlee44

Re: CHCORG303A - Case study

Post by neetlee44 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks so much L.A for letting me know i'm on the right track and the extra information. Very muchly appreciated :)