CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with Children...

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Roxy

CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with Children...

Post by Roxy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi I am currently studying Certificate III in Childrens Services on subject...CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with Children...What methods would you use to communicate appropriately with children regarding their age, developmental stage and culture? I am having so much trouble understanding what i am being asked for.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with Children...

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 pm

basically it means how would you talk to children according to their age, where they are developmentally & because of cultural differences

eg you would not talk to a 2 year old the same way you talk to a 5 year old, so think of the difference in communication methods
2 children the same age may not be developmentally at the same stage, if one child was developmentally more advanced you would probably communicate differently with that child compared to the other
With culture it could be a language barrier so you may initially be using more non verbal communication and very basic langauge, you may need pictorial aids etc

Roxy

Post by Roxy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Thank you so much for putting it in english for me. I thought i was going nuts! lol

Thanks again

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

no worries, they don't exactly word assignments in the most understandable language! takes a while to wrap your head around what they mean and want from you