CHCIC301D-Interact Effectively with children.

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Julie

CHCIC301D-Interact Effectively with children.

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi All,
Hope someone can help?
Question
Find 3 Children' s Books and 3 songs that reflect an un-biased or multicultural attitude and explain why?

I have to resubmit this question again, I thought it was book's or songs that are un-biased not related to any one culture, but they said my answer's was wrong.I asked my supervisor at placement and she said any book or song they use in the room would be alright, that is where i got my information but it wasn't correct?

Thanks Julie

Lorina

Re: CHCIC301D-Interact Effectively with children.

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Julie,

What you had answered seemed alright... although that's not the answers they are looking for :think: ...

Maybe you need to find a child's story which incorporates ethnic children's names, the illustrations (such as the characters in the story are from different culture) etc. With the children's songs it could be the same thing, like singing songs witch incorporates different languages etc.

I'm not too sure if this is right but this is what I thought of when I read the question... does this make sense to you?

I don't know any children's books or songs with the info you need (having a blank moment) but when I go to work tomorrow I can try and see if I can come up with anything for you...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Whoever you are - Mem Fox
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Childr ... le_Places2
some books that perhaps you would be able to use to show multiculturalism
you'll have to search through the pages to find ones suitable for younger children but there seem to be plenty and some I have read to my kids ages 2.5 - 4

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:23 am

Thanks L.A I think I've found some books after your suggestion, but Children songs I'm still looking .
Thanks for the help, these questions are hard sometimes when your not in a class room to have group discussions with other students.
I'm very grateful for this forum :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:50 pm

http://www.songsforteaching.com/diversi ... ralism.htm
http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=eh
2 sites i found with songs from around the world- hope it helps

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Thanks for the help, have now found songs and books.