CHCIC301D

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
monaranger

CHCIC301D

Post by monaranger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

Please, anybody can help? i'm trying to do my assessment but i'm stuck!! my brain is not working..
Chapter 1. communicationg positively with chidlren on an ongoing basis
Question:Describe how each of the following feelings mayb e communicated without words; for example, what behaviour the child may display.
-Excitement =
-Guilt =
-Fear =
-Happiness =
-A need to tell you something important =

Chapter 2 Promoting positive behaviour
Re-word the negative statements into positive instructions
1) Don't swing on the door
2) Stop throwing sand
3) Stop fighting over the computer
4) Dont shout at me

Decide an appropriate way that you would respond to each of these interactions in order to further encourage children
1) Michael and jon are five years old. They are jumping around in the sandpit and throwing sand. How would you encourage them to play in aw ay that is interesting to them but safe and more appropriate?

2) Jon suggests, Let's get the gardener''s great big spade and dig out all the sand!' How would you respond?

3) Jon seems to listen to your response but doesn;t answer you straightaway. Michael and jon are both looking around the playground and at each other. How would you respond?

4)Michael says, 'we could have the hose in the sandpit and make a giant dam'. Your centre has a policy of conserving water resources and discourages children from wasting water. They can fill a bucket from the tap to use in a sandpit. How would you respoond in this situation?

Appreciate if somebody can help me on this.. many thanks..

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC301D

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Nana,

For this assignment, you just need to show how you would communicate positively with children and re-word the negative statements into positive statements..There are some articles here in this website that you can use. I will list some useful articles below and have a read through these. This will give you examples on "how you can provide children with a positive atmosphere and establishing opportunities for recognizing and reinforcing appropriate behaviour." The examples here are really easy that will give you an idea on how you can approach and encourage children in a positive manner rather than a negative instructions..I think this will give you ideas to answer this assignment..even if your brain is not working...lol..

1) Behavior Management In ChildCare

2) Developing Positive Relationships and Strategies To Encourage Children

So read the above articles and try to answer it. You can post your answers here and we will have a look and tell you how you did.. :thumbup: