CHCECE010 - Experiences To Support Holistic Development

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rissa

CHCECE010 - Experiences To Support Holistic Development

Post by rissa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:00 pm

I have been stuck on this question for ages now. I don't even know how to make an attempt or where to start. Are there any templates I can follow or that can help? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea how to go about starting to answer this question

Part B – Selecting experiences to support children’s holistic development
As you worked through the Learner Guide for this Unit of Competency you were asked to collect ideas for appropriate experiences that support the different areas of children’s development. Now it is time to collate your ideas into a Resource Kit. Your ideas for experiences must support the development of children aged 0-6 years.
Divide your Resource Kit into six sections as follows:
• physical development
• social development
• emotional development
• cognitive development
• communication development
• creative development.

In each section you need a minimum of three ideas; therefore you will have a total of 18 entries. For example, physical development will have three experiences as will social development and so on.
Each entry should be a maximum of two pages.
Ideas should be gathered from a minimum of five different sources. Sources include books, journals, internet articles, CDs and so on.
The following information should be included in each entry:
• name of the experience
• specific age range (in years and months) for whom the experience is appropriate
• suggested group size
• skills supported by the experience
• resources required for the experience for example, a list of equipment, words of a song, recipe, instructions for playing a game
• how the experience will be conducted (teaching method used to intentionally scaffold children’s learning)
• suggested interactions to support children’s efforts and achievements.

Your Resource Kit can be either paper-based or in an online format using a free downloadable software product. If presenting the tool in an online format, make sure you provide a Web link and instructions so that your Assessor can easily access the tool.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE010 - Experiences To Support Holistic Development

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:18 am

In the Activities page we have a variety of different games and experience for children of all ages. Each game lists the milestones achieved, linking to the EYLF, play based learning etc. Also included are the materials needed what to do and hints and tips. You may be able to use some of these activities for your question. In regards to making a "Resource Kit" you can do it in a notebook divided into different sections, where you can add each developmental domain... I'm not sure what software you can download to complete this but in my opinion I think you should add it to a notebook, folder so you can use for future reference.

Here is the link to the Activities page:

Games and Activities

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

rissa

Post by rissa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Am I able to do it like this at all?

Part B - My Answer:

PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
Name of Experience 1: Shake it up - Bubbly fun
Age Range: 0-1 year olds
Skills that are supported by the experience: Sensory skills, can be used as a crawling and rolling toy as well
Resources required for experience: Empty water bottle, water, dishwashing liquid and tape
How experience will be conducted: Fill half the water bottle with water. Put just a squeeze of dishwashing liquid into it. Secure the top with some tape and give the bottle a thorough shake. Your baby will enjoy shaking the bottle, listening to the noise and watching the bubbles. This is a fabulous sensory activity for babies as young as just a few months old
Suggested interactions to support children's efforts and achievements: Place the bottle out of reach after it has gained the baby's interested and encourage the baby to crawl and reach out for the bottle to begin playing again. Show the baby what happens when the bottle is shaken
Sourced from: Kidspot. (2014). Shake it up: Bubbly fun. Available: http://www.kidspot.com.au/discoverycent ... tivity.htm. Last accessed 19th Nov 2015.

Name of Experience 2: Hot Potato
Age Range: 2-3 year olds
Skills that are supported by the experience: Hand-eye coordination, physical skills, fine and gross motor skills, sensory skills, etc.
Resources required for experience: Music and a small beanbag or stuffed sock
How experience will be conducted: Arrange the children sitting in a circle. Pass a beanbag around the circle to music, pretending that the beanbag is a very, very, very hot potato. When the music stops, the person holding the beanbag is out. The music starts again and the remaining children continue passing the hot potato until the music stops. The last person in the circle is the winner.
Suggested interactions to support children's efforts and achievements: Include yourself in the game also. Children love when adults join in on their games and experiences. Give lots of enthusiasm and encouragement/praise
Sourced from: Kidspot. (2014). Hot potato. Available: http://www.kidspot.com.au/discoverycent ... tivity.htm. Last accessed 24th Nov 2015.

Name of Experience 3: The motor skill block game
Age Range: 1-2 year olds
Skills that are supported by the experience: Fine and gross motor skills, physical skills, hand-eye coordination, sensory skills, etc.
Resources required for experience: Three blocks
How experience will be conducted: Put your baby on the floor or in her highchair. Place two blocks in front of your baby. If she doesn't immediately pick them up herself, hand them to her. Now hand her the third block. She will eventually learn to drop one block, in order to grab the other
Suggested interactions to support children's efforts and achievements: Perhaps use an object you know the child loves like instead of blocks use balls or something. Something that may appeal to your baby more so the motivation for the baby to want to pick them up is greater. Encourage the child to pick them up and praise the child when the task is completed. Show enthusiasm and excitement
Sourced from: Kidspot. (2014). The motor skill block game. Available: http://www.kidspot.com.au/discoverycent ... tivity.htm. Last accessed 24th Nov 2015.

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Name of Experience 1: Peek-a-boo
Age Range: 0-1 year olds
Skills that are supported by the experience: Social skills, sensory skills, emotional skills, sight skills, object permanence skills, trust, etc.
Resources required for experience: No resources just adult and baby
How experience will be conducted: A game of peek-a-boo can help your baby develop socially, in more than one way. In addition to making eye contact and helping your baby smile and laugh, you can help her follow moving objects with her eyes. Additionally, you will be preparing her for the day when she discovers object permanence. When she is young, she doesn't realize that an object is still there, even if she does not see it. When she is an older baby, she will be able to understand object permanence. When you cover your face or head with your hands or a blanket, your baby can no longer see you. Uncover your face or head while saying “Peek-a-boo!” and your baby can begin to understand and trust that she will see you again -- even if you disappear (Rose Welton 2013).
Suggested interactions to support children's efforts and achievements: Mentioned above ^ - Also show plenty of enthusiasm and excitement while playing this game with the baby
Sourced from: Rose Welton. (2013). Social Development Activities for Babies. Available: http://www.livestrong.com/article/23180 ... or-babies/. Last accessed 24th Nov 2015.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Yes, that's fine! :thumbup:

Lorina

rissa

Post by rissa » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Lorina I have posted another question about CHCECE011 Provide play experiences to support children’s play and I was wondering if you could take a look at it and help me out? It would be much appreciated :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Done! :D

Lorina