CHCCS400B - Educator Breaching Code 6 Of Code Of Ethics

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nayomee

CHCCS400B - Educator Breaching Code 6 Of Code Of Ethics

Post by Nayomee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:52 pm

im doing my cert 111 in childcare. all my assignments for legal and ethical ive had to resubmit but i dont know why. its driving me insane ...

im up to task 3 wich is just a read the scenario and answer the questions
the question is

Ellisha is a home based carer of 3 children, 2 children from a family Ellisha knows well and likes very much and with whom she interacts positively. The 3rd child, Jonathon, comes from a family who recently moved into the area. He often comes to Ellisha's house unwashed, with a runny nose and hair uncombed. He is quite a withdrawn child often displays affection seeking behaviour, such as holding Ellisha's hand and wanting to be close to her. Ellisha finds Jonathon's behaviour very irrating and his personal hygeine difficult to cope with. She will often ignore him or will crossly tell him to go away and "stop being a sook" or "leave me alone im busy with the others". She often feels guilty after saying such things and will than say "come here Jonathon and give me a cuddle".

questions to the scenario.

1) Explain how ellisha's behaviour breaches (does not meet) Code of ethics - "in relation to children point 6 (Create and maintain safe, healthy environments, spaces and places, which enhance children's learning, development, engagement, initiative, self-worth, dignity and show respect for their contributions.

2) (same as question 1) code of ethics but in relation to children point number 10 Work to ensure children are not discriminated against on the basis of gender, age, ability, economic status, family structure, lifestyle, ethnicity, religion, language, culture, or national origin.

3) (same as question 1) the united nations convention on the rights of the child. in relation to article 3 (best interests of the child)
Article 3 (Best interests of the child): The best interests of children must be the primary concern in making decisions that may affect them. All adults should do what is best for children. When adults make decisions, they should think about how their decisions will affect children. This particularly applies to budget, policy and law makers.

please help i need to get a competent and not another resubmit.
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400B - Educator Breaching Code 6 Of Code Of Ethics

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Hey Nayomee,

Just wanted to help you out with your question... It seems like you're getting a bit off track in regards to the questions for this particular assignment... So, hopefully I can help clear things up a bit..

Explain how ellisha's behaviour breaches (does not meet) Code of ethics

If you have a look in the code of ethics, have a read through some of the points are you can use this in your response. From the scenario the home based carer is not "working to ensure children are not discriminated against", "respond to ways that empower and maintain dignity of all children and families", "connect with services that support children and families" etc... These are all included in the code of ethics, just have another read through it...

Even though you have answered the next few questions I think you forgot to post up the questions for the next ones... So, just add the questions so I can help you out...

Cheers :geek:,
'L.A

Nayomee

Post by Nayomee » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

the first question is
1) Explain how ellisha's behaviour breaches Code of ethics - "in relation to children point 6

point 6 in code of ethics is.- Create and maintain safe, healthy environments, spaces and places, which enhance children's learning, development, engagement, initiative, self-worth, dignity and show respect for their contributions.

(i havent posted my answers yet..)
i think im still way off what the answer is hence why i havent posted them.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Hey Nayomee,

For your first question you mentioned "in relation to children point 6" is this from the assignment question or from what you have found... because there are other points in the code of ethics which ellie is in breach of.. Go through my post above and read through the comments I made and you should be able to find the points I made about what ellie is in breach of in the code of ethics itself...

Hopefully you get what I mean...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A