CHCCS400A – Work within a relevant legal and ethical

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mehfuza.nazir

CHCCS400A – Work within a relevant legal and ethical

Post by mehfuza.nazir » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:08 pm

hi ,
i am really in trouble pls help me in this assigment ques.
You are getting late children settled with Scott before a staff meeting and you overhear one of your staff members Belinda talking to him about Eleni, who has just left after being collected by her father. She is telling Scott that Eleni’s mother had told her that all was not well between her and Eleni’s father and that a possible separation was being discussed.
1. Is this ethical behaviour? Which Code of Ethics guidelines would assist you in this decision and how?
2. What will you do in the short-term? What would be your longer term team strategy?

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400A – Work within a relevant legal and ethical

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Babli,
1. Is this ethical behaviour? Which Code of Ethics guidelines would assist you in this decision and how?

This scenario for your question often happens within a child care setting where "childcare professionals" tend to gossip to each other... In my opinion it is unethical behavior... this particular parent put their trust into this carer and all they can do is gossip about it... how sad...

Anyways, I have attached the Code of Ethics for Early Childhood which I found on the Early Childhood Australia site. On page 3 it lists the Code of Ethics in relation to families. Have a read through it and you should get an idea for your first question from there...

[attachment=0]code_of_ethics_ early_childhood.pdf[/attachment]
What will you do in the short-term? What would be your longer term team strategy?

Think about how would you handle this situation... some ideas can include - you could have a chat to that particular staff member about the importance of maintaining confidentiality, review and revise policies and procedures in dealing with confidentiality etc....

Hope this helps,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.