CHCCN303A support families and ensure each child’s needs are met

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

CHCCN303A support families and ensure each child’s needs are met

Post by Steffelz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Aparantly the flu stole a large chunk of my brain, so Im struggling with my assignments at the moment, I would be really greatful if anyone is able to help me with this question. The question is

Some cultural groups experience health issues that relate to food intake and health eating. Some children may be at risk of being underweight or having certain nutrient deficiencies. What can you do within your job role to support families and ensure each child’s needs are met?

sandi28
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCN303A support families and ensure each child’s needs are met

Post by sandi28 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi Steffelz. A couple of ideas we covered in my course are;
Provide information to parents; hand outs/brochures, articles in newsletters, information evenings with a guest speaker like a dietician, child nurse etc., cooking activities for children using healthy foods (send the recipes home with the child) and comment to parents if their child enjoyed a particular recipe or food.
Hope this helps. Sandi :) :)

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHCCN303A support families and ensure each child’s needs are met

Post by Steffelz » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

thanks heaps Sandi :)