CHC30712 - Strategies to Support Emotional Development

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
creative_assistant

CHC30712 - Strategies to Support Emotional Development

Post by creative_assistant » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:42 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHC30712 Certificate III in Children Services and 30250A Written Assessment - 3a Caring for children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Identify three strategies the educator is using to support Archie's emotional development.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have tried to do some research and read the following text books to try and understand this question... I still don't understand what I need to write down.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHC30712 - Strategies to Support Emotional Development

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 am

Can you provide a description of the scenario which involves Archie. Not sure what scenario you are referring too...

:geek:,
L.A

creative_assistant

Post by creative_assistant » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:53 pm

The educator, Jill, shows Archie (13 months) the music maker. ‘I wonder what this does, Archie?’
Archie looks intently but does not attempt to press any buttons. Jill pauses, allowing Archie to
explore the music maker.

Jill then presses one of the buttons – she continues to maintain eye contact with Archie.
Educator: ‘Oh what’s that noise? Can you make a noise Archie? You press the buttons.’
Archie places his hand on the buttons and gets an instant response. He laughs and bangs his hand on
the buttons to make more sounds.

The educator smiles and responds: ‘Archie’s making music. Clever boy, Archie!’
Jill and Archie continue to play and interact.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:41 am

Have a read through the following Social and Emotional Developmental Milestones for Babies 12-24 Months. From here, use these milestones to link to the scenario by providing strategies on how the educator and child interact and engage.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A